Senior IT Client Platform Engineer
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 300,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
As part of our Client Platform Engineering team you will be responsible for the lifecycle and security of all employee endpoints across macOS, Windows, Android, and iOS devices. The team's scope includes 2000+ macOS and hundreds of Android/iOS/Windows devices.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Work alongside IT and Security teams to create the best user endpoint experience
- Manage, monitor, and scale our endpoint fleet and related infrastructure
- Create efficiencies and economies of scale by delivering repeatable, automated solutions
- Review, approve, and provide feedback to code submissions done by your peers
- Improve the security of our endpoint fleet
- Triage, solve, automate, and document complex IT Support escalations
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- At least 3 years proficiency in an object-oriented programming language such as Ruby or Python
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills
- Experience managing endpoints or servers at scale using code-based configuration management such as Chef, Ansible, Puppet, or SaltStack
- Familiarity with macOS/Windows internals and design - the ability to troubleshoot complex problems from first principles
- Comfortable with complex projects and able to build proof of concepts quickly
- Understands the importance of security, compliance, and privacy when working with personal data
- Passion for exploring new technologies related to platform-agnostic infrastructures
- Experience building and maintaining automation pipelines
- Ability to aggregate data from disparate systems to formulate insights on our fleet
- Familiarity with macOS/Windows software packaging and deployment tools such as Chocolatey, Munki, Homebrew, and AutoPkg
- Familiarity with Apple’s MDM protocol and Device Enrollment Program
- Experience with an enterprise MDM such as SimpleMDM (preferred), Workspace One, Jamf, or Kandji
- Familiarity with macOS APIs, Go, ObjectiveC, or Swift
- Open source code contributions
- Experience with osquery/FleetDM or an enterprise EDR (CrowdStrike)
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $170,000/yr to $210,000/yr in Denver & most remote locations, and $206,000/yr to $260,000/yr for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Gusto has physical office spaces in Denver, San Francisco, and New York City. Employees who are based in those locations will be expected to work from the office on designated days approximately 2-3 days per week (or more depending on role). The same office expectations apply to all Symmetry roles, Gusto's subsidiary, whose physical office is in Scottsdale.
Note: The San Francisco office expectations encompass both the San Francisco and San Jose metro areas.
When approved to work from a location other than a Gusto office, a secure, reliable, and consistent internet connection is required.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you require assistance in filling out a Gusto job application, please reach out to email@example.com.