Business Development Manager
Honor exists to expand the world’s capacity to care.
We’re combining high tech with high-touch to deliver better home care for aging adults, better jobs for Care Professionals, and entirely new offerings to support the aging journey, at scale.
Founded in 2014, and now a Series E funded “Unicorn” valued at over $1B, Honor leads the world’s largest home care network with the most advanced care platform. Our August 2021 acquisition of Home Instead has created a global company that’s revolutionizing how society cares for older adults, their families, and Care Professionals.
The Honor Care Platform combines local care and the most advanced technology to bring the highest quality care to more aging adults.
Grow at Honor as part of a united team where everyone shows up authentically, shares ideas bravely, and solves complex problems!
About the Work:
The Business Development Manager of our local Omaha Home Instead franchise location is responsible for being a strong player and a coach with a primary focus on personally being out in the community building and maintaining strong relationships and referral partnerships with hospitals, other medical facilities, and local health care partners across the entire continuum of care in order to drive client referrals and hit growth targets. In this position, you will take the lead as the General Manager of this location.
This is a metrics driven position that will be responsible for managing a small team, building a team culture of highly motivated Business Development Advisers and Client Care Coordinators, driving team performance, and ensuring that all team members have the supervision, training and tools needed to meet our goals and execute against the corporate playbook for future growth.
We're searching for a leader who understands relationship sales, is a self-starter willing to roll-up his or her sleeves, is comfortable operating with a sales quota, and is excited to build something really extraordinary with us.
- Hire, train, manage, motivate, coach and empower the team under you to maximize your and their results and achieve sales and profitability quotas and goals
- Create a positive work environment that results in high team retention and low turnover
- Mentor and support the development of your team members
- Ensure that the team understands reports, location performance, and provide actionable steps and processes for continual improvement
- Monitor and evaluate sales results on a daily basis in order to continually guide and focus the business and team to fine tune the plans to achieve monthly and quarterly goals
- Be a strong player and a coach including responsibility for developing referral provider relationships and producing client referrals; target accounts include, but are not limited to, hospitals, physicians, home health agencies, assisted living facilities, nursing homes, senior centers, hospice, rehabilitation centers, etc
- Perform all phases of the consultative sales process including the recommendation of appropriate services to clients and maintaining and nurturing existing referral accounts, and follow-up, as necessary
- Appropriately track and document all sales activities within Salesforce along with team
- Effectively present marketing materials and our services to referral providers, including via 1:1 meetings and planning, arranging and conducting formal group presentations to referral providers
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensure that they are implemented and communicated to your team
- Ensure someone is available to address inbound service inquiries nights & weekends
To succeed in the role, you’ll need:
- 10+ years of actual sales experience including managing a small sales team
- Held progressive customer facing sales roles with sales quotas
- Demonstrated ability to enforce metrics that drive efficiency & measure performance
- Strong strategic thinking skills coupled with ability to be hands-on and super tactical
- Experience in the senior space a plus
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to listen effectively
- Ability to work independently, maintain confidentiality of information and meet deadlines
- Ability to organize and prioritize daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly work
- Ability to present a professional appearance and demeanor
- Availability to work evenings or weekends as required
- Team-oriented: you have a track record of leading teams and cultivating collaboration
- Results-oriented: you deliver results and you know how to motivate teams to deliver
- Metrics-driven: you understand how to track your and the team’s business performance
- Innovative: you are always looking for ways to improve efficiency and productivity
- Customer-focused: slightly obsessive-compulsive when it comes to customer experience and you strive to deliver a product and service that is best in class
Our range reflects the hiring range for this position. We use national average to determine pay as we are a remote first company. Individual pay is based on a number of factors including qualifications, skills, experience, education, and training.
Base pay is just a part of our total rewards program. Honor offers equity and 401K with up to a 4% match. We provide medical, dental and vision coverage including zero cost plans for employees. Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance are fully employer paid with a voluntary additional Life Insurance option. We offer a generous time off program, mental health benefits, wellness program, and discount program.
Honor is remote friendly! We're hiring across the U.S., with an entirely virtual interview and onboarding process. Most of our positions are remote/work from home and do not require permanent relocation. As conditions allow, we have office space for in-person collaboration in our San Francisco Bay Area, CA and Austin, TX hubs. If you're looking for a great job that offers you the opportunity to work from home, we'd love to talk to you.
Want to know more about why Honor is a great place to work? Check out our perks!
We value people! These four people-centric values guide the ways we work and decisions we make every day.
This role doesn’t sound quite right? Send this application to a friend who may be a fit and check out our other available roles!
Honor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, political affiliation or belief.
Something looks off?