Senior Staff Backend Engineer (Schedules)
Honor exists to expand the world’s capacity to care.
We’re combining high tech with high-touch to deliver better home care for aging adults, better jobs for Care Professionals, and entirely new offerings to support the aging journey, at scale.
Founded in 2014, and now a Series E funded “Unicorn” valued at over $1B, Honor leads the world’s largest home care network with the most advanced care platform. Our August 2021 acquisition of Home Instead has created a global company that’s revolutionizing how society cares for older adults, their families, and Care Professionals.
The Honor Care Platform combines local care and the most advanced technology to bring the highest quality care to more aging adults.
Grow at Honor as part of a united team where everyone shows up authentically, shares ideas bravely, and solves complex problems!
About the Work:
This position is on our Schedules team that supports the system of record for our care services. We facilitate the creation and management of visits and streamline the association of key data with visits (such as the care needs of the client, billing and payment info, clock-in and clock-out times, and more).
We support our care operations by answering important questions like “which caregivers are available to work this visit?” and “how many visits in the next three days are not yet staffed?”. Our team supports vertical user flows related to schedule and calendar management, as well as robust APIs to expose visit details, search visits and caregiver availability, and modify scheduled care.
We have an exciting runway ahead of us. As Honor’s Care Platform grows quickly, building robust and scalable systems is critical. As we make strategic technical investments to modernize our system, we are looking for a senior staff engineer to help guide and execute our short- and long-term architecture goals.
- You're an expert in building backend services, designing data models, and connecting all the layers in between
- You've built and operated production-grade applications in Python
- You excel at engineering design and review, from building new systems to providing great code reviews
- You work closely with designers and product managers on a fast-moving team
- You thrive in a diverse, cross-functional team, collaborating with people throughout the company
To succeed in the role, you’ll need to have:
- You've led the design and implementation of large systems in multi-person teams
- You have 8+ years of professional software development experience
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Preferred candidates come with:
- You know how to design and optimize relational database models, and have used a relational database at scale
- You love hands-on coding, and enjoy being thrown in the middle of mission critical projects
- You're excited to learn from your peers
- Bonus points: You've worked on large-scale React web apps, using Redux
Our range reflects the hiring range for this position. We use national average to determine pay as we are a remote first company. Individual pay is based on a number of factors including qualifications, skills, experience, education, and training.
Base pay is just a part of our total rewards program. Honor offers generous equity packages that increase with position level and responsibilities, and a 401K with up to a 4% employer match.
We provide medical, dental and vision coverage including zero cost plans for employees. Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance are fully employer paid with a voluntary additional Life Insurance option. We offer a generous time off program, mental health benefits, wellness program, and discount program.
Honor is remote friendly! We're hiring across the U.S., with an entirely virtual interview and onboarding process. Most of our positions are remote/work from home and do not require permanent relocation. As conditions allow, we have office space for in-person collaboration in our San Francisco Bay Area, CA and Austin, TX hubs. If you're looking for a great job that offers you the opportunity to work from home, we'd love to talk to you.
Want to know more about why Honor is a great place to work? Check out our perks!
We value people! These four people-centric values guide the ways we work and decisions we make every day.
This role doesn’t sound quite right? Send this application to a friend who may be a fit and check out our other available roles!
Honor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, political affiliation or belief.
Something looks off?