Vice President, Finance
Honor exists to expand the world’s capacity to care.
We’re combining high tech with high-touch to deliver better home care for aging adults, better jobs for Care Professionals, and entirely new offerings to support the aging journey, at scale.
Founded in 2014, and now a Series E funded “Unicorn” valued at over $1B, Honor leads the world’s largest home care network with the most advanced care platform. Our August 2021 acquisition of Home Instead has created a global company that’s revolutionizing how society cares for older adults, their families, and Care Professionals.
The Honor Care Platform combines local care and the most advanced technology to bring the highest quality care to more aging adults.
Grow at Honor as part of a united team where everyone shows up authentically, shares ideas bravely, and solves complex problems!
About the Work:
As VP Finance, you will be responsible for leading the financial planning and analysis function. Responsibilities include corporate level planning, annual budgeting, monthly forecasting, management reporting, and financial support for all business functions. You will deliver financial and operational model development, KPI development and analysis, as well as detailed financial analysis and recommendations for new projects, processes, and proposals specific to revenue growth and operational efficiency. You will be expected to provide key analytics and recommendations to senior management for easier, fact based decision making. The VP of Finance will lead our high functioning FP&A team while acting as a critical thought partner to our leadership team. This role reports to our Chief Financial Officer.
About the work:
- Lead Honor’s FP&A function, building a high-performing team and creating growth opportunities for existing team members. Prioritize goals and deliverables in line with the company roadmap.
- Work alongside our executive management team to establish a clear strategy, roadmap, and financial targets for the business.
- Collaborate across teams to assess the economic return on strategic initiatives and provide actionable insights to drive decision making and maintain accurate and realistic revenue and cost forecasts.
- Advance the insight and understanding of the business unit economics and KPIs to drive further alignment and accountability across the company.
- Understand, create, track, and report on metrics for the levers that drive positive unit economics for Honor’s business as well as our company’s long-term financial health.
- Create and deliver recommendations and findings to department managers, executive staff and key external stakeholders.
- Provide strategic input on fundraising and recommendations for efficiently utilizing our capital options
- Manage and provide oversight of financial software used for forecasting and monitoring
- Provide regular updates to Board and investors
- Create expert level analysis of any and all aspects of Honor’s functional teams.
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- 15+ years of finance and planning experience
- Prior experience working in managed services companies with regional GM structure is a plus
- Prior experience working for a company with distributed labor forces and partner channel GTM strategy is a plus
- Keen analytical skills: ability to translate large amounts of data into useful information
- Ability to break down complex issues and communicate in simple messaging to the board, investors, and the leadership team
- Strategic agility: the ability to provide insightful feedback and forward looking analysis to recommend and guide critical executive decisions for short and long term planning
- Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize, organize, and respond effectively
- Comfortable working in a fast paced startup environment
- BA with concentration in Business, Engineering, Economics and/or Finance, MBA preferred
At Honor, we embrace diversity, and we are excited to welcome candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences to be part of our journey. If you are ready to be part of a vibrant startup and contribute to our success, we invite you to apply and join our dynamic FP&A organization.
Our range reflects the hiring range for this position. We use national average to determine pay as we are a remote first company. Individual pay is based on a number of factors including qualifications, skills, experience, education, and training.
Base pay is just a part of our total rewards program. Honor offers equity and 401K with up to a 4% match. We provide medical, dental and vision coverage including zero cost plans for employees. Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance are fully employer paid with a voluntary additional Life Insurance option. We offer a generous time off program, mental health benefits, wellness program, and discount program.
Honor is remote friendly! We're hiring across the U.S., with an entirely virtual interview and onboarding process. Most of our positions are remote/work from home and do not require permanent relocation. As conditions allow, we have office space for in-person collaboration in our San Francisco Bay Area, CA and Austin, TX hubs. If you're looking for a great job that offers you the opportunity to work from home, we'd love to talk to you.
This role doesn’t sound quite right? Send this application to a friend who may be a fit and check out our other available roles!
Honor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, political affiliation or belief.
Honor is an E-Verify company. For more information please review our Participation and your Right to Work