Employee Relations Performance Specialist
Honor exists to expand the world’s capacity to care.
We’re combining high tech with high-touch to deliver better home care for aging adults, better jobs for Care Professionals, and entirely new offerings to support the aging journey, at scale.
Founded in 2014, and now a Series E funded “Unicorn” valued at over $1B, Honor leads the world’s largest home care network with the most advanced care platform. Our August 2021 acquisition of Home Instead has created a global company that’s revolutionizing how society cares for older adults, their families, and Care Professionals.
The Honor Care Platform combines local care and the most advanced technology to bring the highest quality care to more aging adults.
Grow at Honor as part of a united team where everyone shows up authentically, shares ideas bravely, and solves complex problems!
About the Work:
We are seeking a Performance Specialist to support our Thursday - Monday 9:00am - 5:00pm PST schedule.
We are looking for a solutions-oriented, proactive Care Pro Performance Specialist who is experienced in delivering performance management. In this role, you will conduct thorough investigations of potential policy violations, care quality issues, and attendance issues. You will generate performance management recommendations for Care Pros based on Honor policy, employment best practices and requirements, and your assessment of the right outcome to solve for both the client and Care Pro experience. You will also play a critical role in supporting the development and implementation of new and updated performance management policies and tech-enabled processes. This is a high-impact role that will challenge you to apply critical thinking, judgment and empathy to a range of complex situations in service of a high quality client care experience.
- Own delivery of end-to-end performance management process for complex care incidents including:
- Review and investigate performance events that have had an impact on the client care experience
- Assess the severity of the reported incident
- Understand the context with the goal of identifying root cause
- Identify appropriate performance action, if any, and own delivery of feedback or other performance action
- Thoroughly document investigation, actions, and outcomes to ensure a comprehensive performance management history
- Balance client and Care Pro experience, Honor policy, and employment risks to recommend and deliver coachings, warnings, and terminations in a timely, fair, and consistent manner with appropriate documentation
- Monitor and analyze Care Professional performance trends and generate data-driven recommendations for intervention
- Advise key stakeholders on potential performance management risks or trends in designated markets
- Work with Operations and Product leadership to develop, implement, and own processes centered on improving Care Pro performance management
- Work with cross-functional partners across Operations and Product to update/coach the team in areas of performance management as needed
To succeed in the role, you’ll need:
- Minimum 5-7 years professional experience
- Minimum 2 years of relevant Human Resources experience preferred
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving skills - including the ability to determine when it is appropriate to deviate from the ruleset to meet our target outcome
- Exceptional communication skills; experience in having tough conversations and delivering feedback with compassion
- Strong cross-functional collaboration and communication skills, including the ability to lead without authority
- Strong sense of ownership - able to self-manage work, including asking for help when needed
- Strong attention to detail and objective investigative skills
- Comfortable with understanding basic data sets, utilizing data analysis tools to identify trends, and developing solutions to make improvements
- Commitment to supporting our Care Professionals and being their advocate
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage a high volume of work from multiple stakeholders
Our range reflects the hiring range for this position. We use national average to determine pay as we are a remote first company. Individual pay is based on a number of factors including qualifications, skills, experience, education, and training.
Base pay is just a part of our total rewards program. Honor offers equity and 401K with up to a 4% match. We provide medical, dental and vision coverage including zero cost plans for employees. Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance are fully employer paid with a voluntary additional Life Insurance option. We offer a generous time off program, mental health benefits, wellness program, and discount program.
Honor is remote friendly! We're hiring across the U.S., with an entirely virtual interview and onboarding process. Most of our positions are remote/work from home and do not require permanent relocation. As conditions allow, we have office space for in-person collaboration in our San Francisco Bay Area, CA and Austin, TX hubs. If you're looking for a great job that offers you the opportunity to work from home, we'd love to talk to you.
This role doesn’t sound quite right? Send this application to a friend who may be a fit and check out our other available roles!
Honor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, political affiliation or belief.
Honor is an E-Verify company. For more information please review our Participation and your Right to Work