Assistant Controller- (Fully Remote, Must live in Pacific Time Zone)
Our assistant controllers are essential in managing several aspects of our client engagements. This position is responsible for oversight of A/P and A/R, the maintenance and management of accounting records, participating heavily in month end close processes, monthly financial reporting, and coordinating with the client leadership team to produce timely reports for client’s internal use.
Essential Job Duties:
●Ensure US GAAP treatment where appropriate.
●Support controller in managing preparation of monthly financial statements
.●As requested, prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
●Responsible for overseeing low to moderately complex allocations and tracking of depreciation, prepaid expenses, deposits, accruals, revenue, and payroll.
●Work with client management to develop internal control guidelines, policies, and procedures for AP and AR
.●Contribute to financial decisions by supporting and adhering to client’s policies and procedures.
●Work with client management to track financial KPIs.
●Complete 1st level review of monthly work papers.
●Oversee client engagement through limited management of internal teams.
●Support and develop relationships with clients while recognizing opportunities to expand client engagements
.●Collaborate across internal teams to enhance client experience.●Understand the budgeted hours for each client engagement and monitor monthly.
●Attend, engage in and utilize company trainings on varied topics such as industry specific accounting, soft skills, engagement management, etc.
●Working knowledge of US GAAP including recent pronouncements and proposed updates.
●Working knowledge of varied accounting software, supporting tech stack (including third party payers) and Excel.
●Ability to work within engagement’s budgeted time while maintaining attention to detail.
●Respectful and collaborative approach to managing internal staff where appropriate.
●Cooperatively work with other staff in a team environment.
●Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
●Ability to work in a periodically stressful environment, to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and to meet established deadlines.
●Ability to prioritize work tasks, effectively and efficiently allocating and managing time.●Strong customer service, communication, and organizational skills.
●Ability to solve practical problems, including interpreting and applying common sense from a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
●Ability to identify and assess client activities that may require further information, research, or guidance.
General Duties and Expectations:
● Create and maintain effective working relationships with other Company employees.
● Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
● Contribute to the professional culture within the office and the company overall.
● Project a professional and appropriate Company image in all dealings with clients, vendors, business partners and visitors.
● Ensure security of information in all matters pertaining to company, client, and consumer information
● Ability to work remotely.
● Ability to travel to attend meetings occasionally if needed.
● Contribute to the professional culture within the company
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Work From Home
- Wellness Resources
- Performance Based Incentive Plan
Something looks off?