Controller w/ SaaS experience (Fully Remote must reside in Central Time)
At inDinero, we help businesses grow by providing accounting solutions. Our team are experts in their fields and are located across the United States as well as in the Philippines. We believe in cultivating strong relationships and creating positive experiences for both our employees and clients.
Overview of the role
Our Controllers are essential in managing the overall health of client engagements. This position is responsible for oversight of A/P and A/R, the maintenance and management of accounting records, monthly close, annual audits, strategic planning within the accounting function, monthly financial reporting, and coordinating with the client leadership team to produce adequate reports for internal use, Board of Directors, and investors.
What you’ll do
- Perform/oversee the monthly financial close, including revenue and expenses, account analysis, reconciliations, depreciation, consolidation, etc., and producing accurate and timely financial statements.
- Design and compile monthly financial statements, funder required financial reports, budget vs. actual reports and other reporting as requested internally and externally.
- Evaluate accounting practices and identify ways to streamline or automate processes.
- Develop strong working relationships with clients to insure successful engagements.
- Work collaboratively with others to determine appropriate accounting procedures for transactions.
- Stimulate accountability and timely completion of deliverables.
- Foster a culture of teamwork, respect and work-life balance through leading by example.
- Other duties as assigned or dictated by business needs.
- Consultant. You are excited about working with many different people and personalities in many different industries. You are flexible and comfortable juggling different projects.
- Innovative. You have a change-oriented approach and lead with a desire and ability to recommend continuous improvements and ability to problem solve.
- Organized and Efficient. Ability to prioritize work tasks and efficiently allocate and manage time
- Collaborative. You understand you are an integral part of the organization’s team and foster relationships with team members both within and outside of the company.
- Tech-savvy. You are able to lead and coach team members on various online accounting and banking platforms, demonstrating the efficiencies that can be discovered with cloud-based processes.
- Manager. You can manage remote and in-person personnel, demonstrating the ability to hold members of your team accountable for deliverables and deadlines.
- Mentor. You are someone who enjoys coaching, mentoring and training members of your team.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or related field; CPA is preferred but not required.
- Work experience as a Controller or similar role
- Strong working knowledge of different accounting software and streamlining accounting processes.
- Experience in managing multiple projects or clients including budgets, financial reporting, and revenue recognition.
- Five or more years of professional accounting experience
- Public accounting experience preferred but not required
- Consulting experience preferred but not required
- SaaS Experience Required
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Work From Home
- Wellness Resources
- Performance Based Incentive Structure
Something looks off?