Manager, School Customer Success
- The Manager, School Customer Success will lead and develop a team of Customer Success Managers (CSMs) within the School segment, driving key results for our educators and our company.
- You will be responsible for developing Customer Success talent in your Regional Team, improving the team’s operational rigor, and driving customer success results on key metrics such as product adoption, renewal, and growth.
- You will be responsible for up-leveling CSM talent to drive quarterly and annual Customer Success targets.
Why you’ll love this role:
- This is a highly impactful leadership role requiring a strong balance between people leadership, coaching, operational rigor, and results.
- This is also a highly visible role, with a clear and important contribution to the bottom line. Your work will directly enable Newsela to scale and expand our reach, ultimately bringing engaging learning content into the hands of K-12 students and teachers nationwide.
- Reporting to the Director of Client Success, you’ll also coach and develop a team of up to 9 CSMs working within the School segment.
- You’ll foster a successful group of CSMs through attracting, retaining, and developing the best-in-class talent.
Why you’re a great fit:
- With 2+ years of experience managing customer success employees and 5+ years of experience in customer success or a similar function within educational technology, and you have demonstrated success retention, growth, and product adoption metrics.
- You have demonstrated success with coordinating cross functional teams to deliver on both client and company goals.
- You are able to set clear expectations for your team to deliver on a seamless experience for customers, ultimately ensuring product adoption and retention goals are met.
- You are passionate about leading, developing and empowering your team, and ensuring that they’re accountable to their own customer metrics.
- You build a culture of trust and support in your team, and are consistent in driving positive outcomes on both the individual and team level
- You’re experienced with Salesforce and Gainsight, and always rely on data to drive your decisions.
Compensation range: $130,000 - $137,500 OTE. Total compensation for this role also includes variable, incentive stock options and benefits. This compensation range may be adjusted based on actual experience.
Newsela takes authentic, real world content from trusted sources and makes it instruction ready for K-12 classrooms. Each text is published at five reading levels, so content is accessible to every learner. Today, over 3.3 million teachers and 40 million students have registered with Newsela for content that's personalized to student interests, accessible to everyone, aligned to instructional standards, and attached to activities and reporting that hold teachers accountable for instruction and students accountable for their work. With over 15,000 texts on our platform and multiple new texts published every day across 20+ genres, Newsela enables educators to go deep on any subject they choose.
Why you’ll love working at Newsela:
- Health & Wellness: Access to the world’s leading medical experts for healthcare (pets included!). Discounts and resources to stay healthy: mind, body, and soul.
- Work From Home: Almost all of our roles are fully remote - tech stipend included!
- Supporting ALL Families: Supplemental programs and time off to take care of your family and yourself.
- Time Off: Flexible PTO to recharge, including Sabbatical Leave
- Inclusive Experiences: Robust DEIB curriculum, Identity & Experience Groups (Affinity Groups + Employee Resource Group), Authentic & Transparent conversations with Executive Leadership Teams, and integration of DEIB lens across Talent lifecycle processes.
- Professional Development: Holistic Learning & Development Programs that enable meaningful & inclusive experiences, programs that build future-focused competencies, cohort & community learning sessions that foster a sense of belonging, and individual development plans aligned with your personal and professional aspirations to turn goals into reality.
- Make A Difference: No matter your role or department, the work you do each day helps share the future of education and improves the lives of students and teachers.