Product Marketing Manager
As a member of the Product Marketing team at Newsela, you’ll be an expert on the needs and challenges of our district target customers, and you’ll use that expertise to inform our Formative product and go-to-market strategy and position Formative as an essential solution for our customers and prospects.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Product Marketing, you’ll be responsible for differentiating Formative in the market through buyer and market insights, product requirements, marketing content, and sales enablement efforts. You’ll also partner with colleagues on the Product and Design teams to bring new products and features to market with launch and promotional plans that will resonate with our target audiences.
- Gather and synthesize user, buyer, competitor, and market insights and deliver them as product requirements to inform Newsela’s Product roadmap.
- Own planning and GTM execution for Formative product and feature launches.
- Develop and maintain product messaging and marketing materials that differentiate Newsela’s assessment solutions in the market among buyers.
- Build and deliver enablement materials to ensure Newsela’s externally-facing teams are prepared to effectively deliver our value propositions to customers.
- Support go-to-market efforts to expand Formative’s reach in international markets.
Why you’ll love this role:
- You’ll be part of an organization solving real challenges in K-12 education, and the highly visible internal and external materials you develop will have a direct and measurable impact on Newsela’s business.
- Your work will shape the future of Newsela’s most essential products, which are loved by teachers in all 50 states and multiple countries, and you’ll work to ensure those same products resonate with district decision makers.
- On any given day you could be collaborating with passionate teammates from Product Management and Design, Sales and Customer Success, Business Development, and of course, Marketing.
- You will have the opportunity to share insights that improve the Newsela product and the user experience.
- Your work will directly impact engagement and usage of Newsela products in K-12 classrooms nationwide.
Why you’re a great fit:
- You have a bachelor's degree in marketing, business, or a related field.
- You’re a collaborative marketer who has been in a B2B Product Marketing role for at least 5 years, ideally with some of that time in K-12 education.
- You have experience launching new products and features, developing product value propositions, and building and maintaining buyer personas.
- You’ve created marketing assets that run the gamut from sales enablement resources and competitive battlecards to webinars and product videos, and you love digging into marketing performance data to understand what content and formats resonate most with your target audiences.
- You’re a natural communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills, and you can synthesize complex information into a compelling story.
- You are organized and collaborative, capable of managing complex, interdependent projects and maintaining multiple workstreams.
- You have a user-centric approach and strong desire to deliver valuable experiences to users and make an impact in K-12 education.
Base compensation: $90,000 - $100,000. Total compensation for this role also includes incentive stock options and benefits. This compensation range may be adjusted based on actual experience.
Newsela takes authentic, real world content from trusted sources and makes it instruction ready for K-12 classrooms. Each text is published at five reading levels, so content is accessible to every learner. Today, over 3.3 million teachers and 40 million students have registered with Newsela for content that's personalized to student interests, accessible to everyone, aligned to instructional standards, and attached to activities and reporting that hold teachers accountable for instruction and students accountable for their work. With over 15,000 texts on our platform and multiple new texts published every day across 20+ genres, Newsela enables educators to go deep on any subject they choose.
Why you’ll love working at Newsela:
- Health & Wellness: Access to the world’s leading medical experts for healthcare (pets included!). Discounts and resources to stay healthy: mind, body, and soul.
- Work From Home: Almost all of our roles are fully remote - tech stipend included!
- Supporting ALL Families: Supplemental programs and time off to take care of your family and yourself.
- Time Off: Flexible PTO to recharge, including Sabbatical Leave
- Inclusive Experiences: Robust DEIB curriculum, Identity & Experience Groups (Affinity Groups + Employee Resource Group), Authentic & Transparent conversations with Executive Leadership Teams, and integration of DEIB lens across Talent lifecycle processes.
- Professional Development: Holistic Learning & Development Programs that enable meaningful & inclusive experiences, programs that build future-focused competencies, cohort & community learning sessions that foster a sense of belonging, and individual development plans aligned with your personal and professional aspirations to turn goals into reality.
- Make A Difference: No matter your role or department, the work you do each day helps share the future of education and improves the lives of students and teachers.