Senior Manager, Data & Analytics
- As the Director of Data & Analytics, you will own product analytics strategy and execution as well as our data warehouse infrastructure and BI environment.
- You will scale a team that will provide the right strategic insights to encourage growth and retention of users.
- You will build a process for ensuring that data is at the front of Newsela’s product development process.
- You will develop the goals, metrics, timeline and communication plan to support the achievement of our analytics goals.
- As a leader, you will partner internally and actively seek out feedback and diverse perspectives to inform your strategy and goals.
- You will interface directly with the executive team regarding all product based analytics, board reporting, and special projects that will unlock insights into our users and our business.
- In addition to analytics, you will own the business intelligence reporting environment in Looker, Our event based self-serve analytics tool (Heap), and our data warehouse and relevant engineering tools (Snowflake & FiveTran).
- You will be responsible for ensuring accurate reporting and data availability in the form of modeled publicly available datasets in Snowflake and Looker.
- You will also oversee the development of a robust ETL process that aggregates data from various source systems into easy to use data models accessed by analytically aligned internal customers throughout the company as well as the analysts on the team.
Why You’ll Love This
- As a leader within the Product team, you’ll define Product analytics strategy and connect insights together to tell a story about our users.
- You will be tasked with continuing your own learning to expand your comprehension of the market and key user metrics.
- You will empower the product management team as well as various other leaders and business units to build an exceptional experience leveraging data.
- You put governance in place to ensure the accuracy and dependability of your team’s output.
- Additionally, you influence those around you to use data to drive their work, meetings, presentations and activities.
- Your analytics work will meaningfully drive impact on the future of our products and experience students and teachers.
- You will be looked to for your advice and strategic input regarding the future of data and analytics strategy in the company.
Why We’ll Love You:
- You have 10+ years experience with product analytics, business intelligence, & data warehousing/engineering specifically leading product analytics teams.
- You’re advanced in your statistics, SQL technical skills, can write and support others with their SQL code skills.
- You are an executor as well as a leader; not scared to jump into the details to help drive projects forward.
- You’re an exceptional mentor and thrive when you can support the development of your team.
- You have experience working with diverse groups of stakeholders and teams and can facilitate productive meetings to achieve shared goals.
- You have a strong ability to translate data into actionable insights and use your experience to elevate the team around you.
Base Compensation: $145,000 - $165,000. Total compensation for this role also incentive stock options and benefits. This compensation range may be adjusted based on actual experience.
Newsela takes authentic, real world content from trusted sources and makes it instruction ready for K-12 classrooms. Each text is published at five reading levels, so content is accessible to every learner. Today, over 3.3 million teachers and 40 million students have registered with Newsela for content that's personalized to student interests, accessible to everyone, aligned to instructional standards, and attached to activities and reporting that hold teachers accountable for instruction and students accountable for their work. With over 15,000 texts on our platform and multiple new texts published every day across 20+ genres, Newsela enables educators to go deep on any subject they choose.
Why you’ll love working at Newsela:
- Health & Wellness: Access to the world’s leading medical experts for healthcare (pets included!). Discounts and resources to stay healthy: mind, body, and soul.
- Work From Home: Almost all of our roles are fully remote - tech stipend included!
- Supporting ALL Families: Supplemental programs and time off to take care of your family and yourself.
- Time Off: Flexible PTO to recharge, including Sabbatical Leave
- Inclusive Experiences: Robust DEIB curriculum, Identity & Experience Groups (Affinity Groups + Employee Resource Group), Authentic & Transparent conversations with Executive Leadership Teams, and integration of DEIB lens across Talent lifecycle processes.
- Professional Development: Holistic Learning & Development Programs that enable meaningful & inclusive experiences, programs that build future-focused competencies, cohort & community learning sessions that foster a sense of belonging, and individual development plans aligned with your personal and professional aspirations to turn goals into reality.
- Make A Difference: No matter your role or department, the work you do each day helps share the future of education and improves the lives of students and teachers.