Senior Business Development Representative
Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and engage people in lifelong health, one step at a time.
As a Sr BDR, this position will drive accelerated growth of Omada within Alliance Partners specific to a health plan partnership. This role reports to the Director of Business Development, Employer Sales.
We’re looking for an ambitious, results-driven self-starter who specializes in navigating large employers, health plans, health systems, and enterprise partner organizations. The successful candidate will be expected to utilize their existing relationships, knowledge of the sales process, and experience selling into enterprise accounts to drive results at scale.
The ideal candidate has experience in leading strategic initiatives for the growth of Virtual Care products in the larger employer and payer market. The ideal candidate also has in-depth understanding of the virtual care and payer landscape. This candidate is also experienced in aligning with internal stakeholders to develop sound sales, marketing, product, and clinical go-to-market business development strategies.
- Business Development Leadership
- Create and execute the strategy for business development with a large health plan partnership and Tier 1 consulting firms (in collaboration with Consultant Relations)
- Collaborate with the Employer Sales team, Alliance Managers, Commercial Enablement, Alliance Manager leadership and Account Teams to accelerate the volume and efficiency of pull-through sales from health plan partnership
- Understand and action health plan partnership needs within the ROE to effectively sell or introduce Omada to their clients
- Help develop the Sales/Account Management relationship map for health plan partnership’s Commercial organizations to identify key Account Management team leads in both organizations
- Build trust and relationships with the key health plan partnership account management/sales leadership and sales enablement teams to cascade throughout the health plan partnership and Omada sales/account management teams
- Be the point of contact for all inquiries from health plan partnership to determine the proper Omada Employer sales team to identify the correct team/AE
- Collaborate and partner with RD business development initiatives specific to targeted health plan partnership partners
- Facilitate relationship building across the Omada Sales team and health plan partnership Account teams where possible
- Complete and continually update a map of the health plan partnership Account Managers and CAEs by department (Commercial, Labor, etc) and also map specific clients to these AEs
- Collaborate with the Consultant Relations team as an extension of the Consultant Relations relationship development strategy for Tier 1 consultant firms (e.g. Mercer, Aon, WTW) reaching out to key consultant contacts that are relevant to health plan partnership pull-through opportunities
- Work with RevOps and other cross functional stakeholders to ideate or execute on SFDC structure for “unique” health plan partnership opportunities (e.g. States, Regional AM Teams)
- Deepen the Omada integrated IVC solution understanding across the health plan partnership Account Teams, including the value of Omada for DM/HTN through the partnership arrangement
- Work in collaboration with Commercial Effectiveness and Strategic account manag to execute training and webinars for health plan partnership Account Management team leaders (vs individual AEs)
- Provide input to the SAM / ADL to ensure that the story best supports the upsell, expansion to other clients. E.g. what metrics are the AEs asking for that are perhaps not included today
- Collaborate with Alliance SAMs on QBR content for growth opportunities for health plan partnership and Omada
- Collaborate with CE to customize marketing assets for the health plan partnership Account Management and health plan partnership customer audiences
- Represent Omada at periodic industry functions where health plan partnership Account Management leaders will be present for purposes of Alliance relationship development and lead generation
- 8-10 years of experience leading teams or strategies for virtual care or similar solution development, preferably working directly with health plan partnership Sales/Account Management.
- Experience developing and maintaining ongoing relationships with large, complex employers, health plans and health systems
- Trusted and authentic leader who builds a strong, engaging, and high-performance network that can accelerate the growth of a partnership
- Focuses on “we > me” and establishes trust and teamwork through honest, constructive conversations with internal and external partners. Has led leaders/managers who have led a team of sales representatives and demonstrates potential to assume deeper leadership responsibilities as the business grows.
- Ability to inspire followership; motivate teams to achieve and exceed a high performance bar; hold people accountable,
- Visionary- The ability to consult, gain consensus, and drive action towards long term tangible and intangible benefits
- Experience working with complex payers (health plan, health system, PBM, etc) and understanding of the payer Go-to-Market
- Proven ability to work successfully with senior leaders at employers, health plans and health systems
- Ability to close a sale, having the communication skills, credibility, and authority to handle each client from lead generation through contract execution
- Access to established and respected contacts within the healthcare community
- A player/coach who can drive results and then recruit, grow, and lead a team to scale as business grows
- Experience learning and communicating clinical data and concepts for the purposes of sales and marketing to CMO’s, Medical Directors, C-suite, VP functional owners, and Sales/Account leads
- Knows the ecosystem of healthcare, its evolution, regulatory and compliance environment.
- Has a deep appreciation for the evidence and data hurdles required to establish authority in the healthcare space.
- Perseverance to drive contracts for our unique solution forward, often educating the prospect about the required contracting model, claims submission parameters, and Omada’s fit within the landscape of existing health plan programs and resources
- Strong presentation and group facilitation skills
- An agile, intelligent, dynamic thinker with ability to tailor messages and communications to the intended audience and respond nimbly during prospect meetings across numerous topics
- A team player that will work ardently towards exceeding their objectives and deliver outstanding results, but never do so at the expense of a colleague or Omada
- Competitive salary with generous annual cash bonus
- Stock options
- Remote first work from home culture
- Flexible vacation to help you rest, recharge, and connect with loved ones
- Generous parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (and above market employer contributions)
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Work from Home stipend
- Two giftable Omada enrollments per calendar year
- ...and more!
It takes a village to change health care. As we build together toward our mission, we strive to embody the following values in our day-to-day work. We hope these hold meaning for you as well as you consider Omada!
- Start with Trust. We listen closely and we operate with kindness. We provide respectful and candid feedback to each other.
- Seek Context. We ask to understand and we build connections. We do our research up front to move faster down the road.
- Act Boldly. We innovate daily to solve problems, improve processes, and find new opportunities for our members and customers.
- Deliver Results. We reward impact above output. We set a high bar, we’re not afraid to fail, and we take pride in our work.
- Succeed Together. We prioritize Omada’s progress above team or individual. We have fun as we get stuff done, and we celebrate together.
- Remember Why We’re Here. We push through the challenges of changing health care because we know the destination is worth it.
About Omada Health: Omada is a virtual-first chronic care provider that nurtures lifelong health, one day at a time. Our care teams implement clinically-validated behavior change protocols for individuals with prediabetes, diabetes, hypertension, and musculoskeletal issues for consistent improvements that stack up. With more than a decade of experience and data, and 24 peer-reviewed publications that showcase our clinical and economic results, we improve health outcomes and help contain healthcare costs.
Our scope exceeds 1,800 customers, including health plans, health systems, and employers ranging in size from small businesses to Fortune 500s. Omada is the first virtual provider to join the Institute for Healthcare Improvement’s Leadership Alliance, reflecting our aim to complement primary care providers for the benefit of our members, and affirming our guarantee to every partner: Omada works different.
Omada is thrilled to share that we’ve been certified as a Great Place to Work! Please click here for more information.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.
Below is a summary of compensation ranges for this role in the following geographies:
California, New York State and Washington State Ranges: $182,400 - $213,000, Colorado Compensation Ranges: $170,160 - $197,700
Range is indicative of On Target Earnings (OTE) and includes both base pay and commission at 100% achievement of established targets. Base salary is approximately 64% - 71% of total compensation range. This role is also eligible for equity grants. The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, such as the candidate's skills and experience, and other business considerations.
Please click here for more information on our Candidate Privacy Notice.