Staff Machine Learning Engineer
Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and engage people in lifelong health, one step at a time.
Omada Health is a digital care provider that empowers people to achieve their health goals through sustainable behavioral change. We leverage data to empower our team of health professionals to coordinate the most effective behavior change strategy for each member of our digital programs. If you’re ready to guide technical decision-making and work hands-on with some of the best engineers in the health industry, this is the job for you.
As a Staff Machine Learning Engineer you will lead the creation of machine learning products that drive effective personalized care trained on our rich dataset of natural language; readings from connected devices like blood glucose monitors; logs of meals and physical activities; rich demographics; and a variety of engagement data. You will collaborate with colleagues from a diversity of quantitative, engineering, product, operational, and clinical backgrounds to do your best work. Your work will change the lives of our users, enrich the jobs of Omada's care team, and make the US healthcare system just a little bit better.
- Strong understanding of machine learning concepts and algorithms, with experience developing and deploying effective, performant, and reliable models in production
- Specific expertise in natural language processing and language modeling technologies is strongly preferred
- Fluent in Python, including deep learning frameworks and tools such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, Hugging Face, Spacy, and scikit-learn
- You have a passion for collaborating with platform engineers to design and maintain ML systems that adapt to scale and changing requirements
- 6+ years of machine learning engineering experience shipping models in high-growth companies or in fast-paced research environments
- Degree in a relevant field such as statistics, applied math, computer science, engineering, or equivalent work experience
- You relish teaching and learning from your peers. You can communicate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Work with product teams to turn ambiguous ideas into practical solutions that deliver impact to users
- A strong desire for impact and a bias for action despite ambiguity. We believe in learning by doing!
- Willing to trailblaze and teach new workflows and processes in areas of organization without exposure to machine learning
- Competitive salary with generous annual cash bonus
- Stock options
- Remote first work from home culture
- Flexible vacation to help you rest, recharge, and connect with loved ones
- Generous parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (and above market employer contributions)
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Work from Home stipend
- Two giftable Omada enrollments per calendar year
- ...and more!
It takes a village to change health care. As we build together toward our mission, we strive to embody the following values in our day-to-day work. We hope these hold meaning for you as well as you consider Omada!
- Start with Trust. We listen closely and we operate with kindness. We provide respectful and candid feedback to each other.
- Seek Context. We ask to understand and we build connections. We do our research up front to move faster down the road.
- Act Boldly. We innovate daily to solve problems, improve processes, and find new opportunities for our members and customers.
- Deliver Results. We reward impact above output. We set a high bar, we’re not afraid to fail, and we take pride in our work.
- Succeed Together. We prioritize Omada’s progress above team or individual. We have fun as we get stuff done, and we celebrate together.
- Remember Why We’re Here. We push through the challenges of changing health care because we know the destination is worth it.
About Omada Health: Omada is a virtual-first chronic care provider that nurtures lifelong health, one day at a time. Our care teams implement clinically-validated behavior change protocols for individuals with prediabetes, diabetes, hypertension, and musculoskeletal issues for consistent improvements that stack up. With more than a decade of experience and data, and 24 peer-reviewed publications that showcase our clinical and economic results, we improve health outcomes and help contain healthcare costs.
Our scope exceeds 1,800 customers, including health plans, health systems, and employers ranging in size from small businesses to Fortune 500s. Omada is the first virtual provider to join the Institute for Healthcare Improvement’s Leadership Alliance, reflecting our aim to complement primary care providers for the benefit of our members, and affirming our guarantee to every partner: Omada works different.
Omada is thrilled to share that we’ve been certified as a Great Place to Work! Please click here for more information.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.
Below is a summary of salary ranges for this role in the following geographies:
California, New York State and Washington State Base Compensation Ranges: $210,400 - $263,500*, Colorado Base Compensation Ranges: $189,360 - $236,700*. Other states may vary.
This role is also eligible for participation in annual cash bonus and equity grants.
*The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, such as the candidate's skills and experience, and other business considerations.
Please click here for more information on our Candidate Privacy Notice.