Director of Host Success
Posted on Friday, January 26, 2024
Are you ready to dive into the world of a fast-paced tech startup? Are you ready to change the world? At PadSplit we're disrupting the affordable housing industry by creating safe, attractive, and respectable co-living environments. If you're motivated by the conviction that working people should have a decent place to live, and want to do something about it, come join us!
At PadSplit, our purpose is to solve our affordable housing crisis one room at a time while leveraging housing as a vehicle for financial independence. Our principles are Care, Show it, Prove it. We live out our principles by embodying our values: Empathy, Optimism, Intellectual Curiosity, Strong Work Ethic, High Integrity, Self-Awareness, and Compassionate Directness.
Learn more about PadSplit here
As Director of Host Success, you are a tenacious, hard-working problem solver with an optimistic attitude who can easily (and happily) build out our Host Success function from the ground up. You can uphold our company’s principles and values while adding to our unique culture. As a member of our Growth team, you will be responsible for working with other growth leaders in the org to establish a Host Success team that onboards, retains, expands, and problem-solves for our Hosts → Happy Hosts lead to more opportunities.
Note: We will begin screening for this role the week of February 12 - if you apply before this date, please note you may not hear from us until the week of February 12. Thank you for your patience!
- Build and validate the Host Success process
- Hire and train the team needed
- Lead and own the relationship with PadSplit hosts throughout their journey, from onboarding to ongoing support, ensuring satisfaction and success
- Establish strong, strategic outcomes with hosts, serving as a trusted advisor to maximize the value they derive from PadSplit.
- Develop and implement host success strategies, collaborate with cross-functional teams, and create support content in collaboration with the creative team.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external senior management to understand host needs, drive retention, foster growth, and share insights.
- Maintain timely and detailed pipeline management, keeping the expansion pipeline up to date and accurate in Salesforce.com and Sales Loft
- Monitor, manage, and own NPS (Net Promoter Score)
- Translate high NPS Hosts into Host expansion opportunities Monitor, manage, and own Host churn.
- Identify early signals for churn and implement mitigation strategy (If needed, manage any host deactivations)Monitor, manage, and inactive units post-activation
- Work closely with the CX team, keeping abreast of policy, process, and product updates
- Manage the handoffs and division of labor between teams
- Create safeguards and structure around identifying fraudulent and negligent Hosts
- 5+ years of experience in account management, customer success, or a related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strategic planning, and project management.
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset with the ability to work across departments in a deadline-driven environment.
- Strong teamwork, self-starting, and multitasking abilities with the flexibility to adjust priorities.
- Demonstrated experience consistently exceeding target goals, farming for deals, navigating organizational hierarchies, and building long-term relationships.
- Salesforce CRM experience – you can accurately and efficiently maintain perfect hygiene within our CRMUnsatisfied with successes, undaunted by failures
- Thrives in a fluid, fast-paced, and results-oriented environment; able to adapt to changing business needs and influence decision-making across all levels of the organization
- Unquestioned integrity and clarity around doing the right thing for our customers, for our co-workers, and the company
- Interested in Real Estate
- Real Estate investment experience
- Early-stage startup Customer Success or Sales driven Operations experience
Benefits & Perks - US-Based Employees
Competitive compensation package + equity
Flexible Paid Time Off
Work with a smart, diverse, mission-driven team
Comprehensive medical, dental & vision insurance
Make the world a better place
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
PadSplit is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing email@example.com