Population Health Strategy & Ops Associate
About Pair Team
Pair Team is on a mission to improve the wellbeing of underserved communities by connecting them to high-quality care.
Pair Team cares for the highest-need Medicaid recipients through a community-led model. We build local partnerships with shelters, food pantries, and other community-based organizations to turn them into a site of care. As a support system for the community, we provide wraparound clinical services, up-skill CBO staff to become Community Health Workers, and utilize our proprietary data-driven technology platform, Arc, for care coordination. Through Medicaid MCOs, we provide healthcare for hard-to-reach, high-need individuals, while sharing healthcare dollars with community groups to expand their social support programs.
- Trust: We consistently strive to earn the trust of our patients and their families, our network partners, and our teammates.
- Growth: We grow together – as a company and as individuals.
- Accountability: We act like owners and take pride in our work.
- Act beyond yourself: Our vision and impact goes beyond ourselves and so must our actions.
In the News
- Forbes: For Pair Team, Accessibility Is About Delivering Healthcare To Those Who Need It The Most
- TechCrunch: Building for Medicaid’s regulatory moment with Neil Batlivala from Pair Team
- Axios: Pair Team collects $9M for Medicaid-based care
About the Opportunity
As a member of Pair’s Population Health team you will play a critical role in defining our value-based care strategy and implementing programs that improve clinical outcomes for patients and lower total costs of care. In this role you will work with the Chief Medical Officer and Pop Health team to set our value-based care strategy, with a focus on deepening Pair Team’s relationships with Medicaid Managed Care Organizations serving the most vulnerable populations. You will be responsible for executing on that strategy including the design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and improvement of health programs that serve Pair Team’s patients and deliver results.
We are seeking a skilled operations generalist that can get things done. This is a highly cross-functional role that requires excellent project/product management skills. The ideal candidate will bring a mix of passion, organization, and a proven track record of launching programs that drive impact at scale.
What You’ll Do
- Understand market conditions, state policy changes and the needs of Medicaid Managed Care Organizations to help define a value-based care roadmap
- Partner with the CMO and Pop Health team to develop novel value-based care models in Medicaid
- Take new health programs from concept to reality to scale through partnerships with clinical, operations and product teams
- Incorporate healthcare quality data and feedback from health plans, patients, care team members and other stakeholders to iterate and improve on programs after launch
- Collaborate with thought partners including the Chief Executive Officer, as well as the Business Development, Operations, Clinical, Product and Data Science teams to discover and execute on new value-based care opportunities
What You’ll Need
- 2+ years of experience in program or product management and 1+ years of experience with an early-stage startup
- Experience with products that automate or streamline complex workflows, or experience with a digital health startup are a big plus!
- Ownership mindset – own driving results for the mission, business, and customer experience
- Strong collaboration skills with thought partners from every team at Pair Team
- Experience conducting quantitative analysis and qualitative research (customer interviews) and to inform strategic decisions
- Strong desire to work in an early stage startup environment that is fast paced, complex, and has minimal barriers to make decisions (no “red tape”)
- Passion for helping individuals experiencing complex chronic needs such as homelessness, severe mental illness, and substance use disorder
Because We Value You
- Competitive salary: $80,000 - $130,000 (depending on experience)
- Equity compensation package
- Flexible vacation policy – take the time you need to recharge
- Comprehensive health, vision & dental insurance
- Work entirely from the comfort of your own home
- Monthly $100 work from home expense stipend
- We provide the equipment needed for the role
- Opportunity for rapid career progression with plenty of room for personal growth!
Pair Team is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At Pair Team, we value diversity and strive to provide an inclusive environment for all applicants and employees. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, marital status, age, disability, political affiliation, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic covered by federal, state, or local law.
Pair Team participates in E-Verify to verify employment eligibility for new hires. Any offer of employment at Pair Team is conditioned upon passing a pre-employment background check. Following a conditional job offer, candidates will undergo comprehensive employment background checks, including; criminal history, reference checks, and driving records if a role requires vehicle use.
Pair Team participates in E-Verify to verify employment eligibility for new hires.