Director of Growth
Penny is female-founded, venture backed, financial education platform transforming the fintech industry.
Making money is stressful and hard, especially for women. If nothing else changes, women will retire with 1/3 the net worth of men, because of an investing gap. We are not cool with that.
We want to revolutionize the way women learn about money. Our mission is to give women a better way to manage their personal finances in order to get out of debt + into investing. Penny provides tech-forward, beginner friendly, self-powered money tools to high potential women.
Fresh off a pre-seed capital raise, we are building an ambitious, tenacious, and creative team who is unafraid of tackling new challenges.
This role is responsible for B2B revenue-generating activities. This person will define and scale our go-to-market strategy across the business. This is a strategic role, and ideal candidates will provide sales and operational leadership through analytical reporting, analysis, and actionable recommendations to deliver to sales quotas while improving the day-to-day business operations. You will work closely with the CEO and external marketing partners to define the sales & marketing strategy.
· Experiment and validate B2B sales and partnership motion.
· Research and develop strategies to penetrate identified marketing opportunities, direct marketing campaigns and new project development.
· Execute strategies that generate new business, increase sales and broadens our client base. (We have several running hypotheses around new channels to grow our subscriber base, but someone who has the experience to identify, assess, experiment and move quickly).
· Manage sales and marketing plans of B2B to drive revenue growth, ensure visibility into and predictability of the lead-to-close process.
· Work closely with creative and content stakeholders to execute these growth strategies.
· Perform monthly and quarterly regional analysis, including performance towards sales plan, order and deal size analysis, lead-to-sales performance, and channel performance, among others.
· Building long-term business opportunities by forming strategic relationships with customers and partners in the industry.
· Working in a team environment, interacting with senior or executive level management.
· You have experience building and selling into B2B channels, specifically Fortune 500 companies
· You have experience managing people with a track record of leading high-performing teams with cross-functional relationships across multiple locations
· You have demonstrated a track record of driving and implementing revenue growth, with repeatable scalable business models
· You have proven success in scaling a sales force and revenue streams at an early stage, high growth business where you’ve excelled at developing direct and indirect channels
· You have demonstrated thoughtful, strategic thinking with experience building innovative sales models and always put the customer first
· You are equally comfortable leading a team as you are closing sales yourself and are excited to do both.
· You don’t get mired down by process and can thrive in a fast-paced environment which requires you to be hands-on with the leaders you’re managing
· You are a master at seeing ahead of the curve. You anticipate problems before they arise, bring solutions to the table, and knock down obstacles when they occur – all because you love delivering better solutions to our customers
· You are comfortable wearing a marketing hat, and can build a marketing strategy with customer personas, audience targeting,
· You have previously led teams that would rave about your ability to manage and hold them accountable, inspire them, and drive results that consistently beat your targets
· Experience in fintech or edtech – a plus!
· Salary Range: $80k - $100k (plus equity)
· Competitive equity compensation included
· Retirement contribution and health insurance included
· 4 weeks of PTO and paid holidays
· One of the first 10 people at a VC-funded startup
· Potential to take on more responsibility as the company grows
· Travel less than 10%
· Boston is preferred hiring location, but open to remote work in the US
Penny Finance is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer that values diversity in hiring and gives consideration to all candidates regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion or religious belief, national origin or ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law.
Must be legally authorized to work in the US.