Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2023
ABOUT THRIVE MARKET
Thrive Market was founded in 2014 with a mission to make healthy living easy and affordable for everyone. As an online, membership-based market, we deliver the highest quality healthy and sustainable products at member-only prices, while matching every paid membership with a free one for someone in need. Every day, we leverage innovative technology and member-first thinking to help our over 1,000,000+ members find better products, support better brands, and build a better world in the process. We recently reached a significant milestone by becoming a Certified B Corporation, making us the largest grocer to earn this coveted qualification.
Thrive Market is seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer who can help keep Thrive Market’s infrastructure reliable, scalable, and secure.
Our website and award winning mobile applications see millions of unique visitors every month, and our customer growth makes us the fastest growing e-commerce company in Los Angeles. If moving fast and problem solving at scale excites you; if you thrive in a dynamic environment, and if you have a track record of technical expertise, eager to learn and solve challenges every day then Thrive Market would be a great next challenge in your career!
- Design, improve and administer Amazon AWS-hosted cloud infrastructure and services
- Create automated orchestration and deployment solutions using Puppet, Terraform, Docker and Kubernetes
- Manage and optimize large-scale, cloud-hosted MySQL, Postgres, Redis and Elasticsearch DBs
- Contribute to planning for disaster recovery, capacity expansion, and system upgrades
- Assist other engineering groups on their journey to containers/Kubernetes, IaC and cloud native architecture
- Assist in security audits, vulnerability assessment and system hardening initiatives
- Support our development teams and join weekly on-call rotations
- Experience with config management/IaC systems and deployment tools (Puppet, Ansible, Terraform)
- Experience in a Systems Engineering/DBA/DevOps role, or very strong SysAdmin and MySQL DBA experience
- Experience developing applications in one of the following: Python, Ruby, PHP, Go, Java
- Strong experience in managing Linux based infrastructure, preferably Debian/Ubuntu
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact to the organization's success
- Experience troubleshooting problems and working with multiple teams to resolve large-scale production issues
- Deep knowledge and experience with the following tools and technologies: Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, Docker
- Knowledgeable with Kubernetes and EKS, cluster management and scaling, deployments
- Proficiency with continuous integration and deployments using Jenkins, Concourse and GitLab CI; knowledge of A/B, in-place, rolling, and phased deployment methodologies
- Knowledge of Java/JVM and garbage collection tuning
- Understanding of monitoring and systems tools like ELK stack, Logstash, Prometheus, New Relic, Grafana, InfluxDB, etc.
- Good understanding of networking fundamentals and protocols
- Basic understanding of storage architectures and design
- Experience in the E-commerce space is a plus!
- Experience in a startup environment is a plus!
- Good critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills - we work cohesively and want to bring in folks who seek to drive unity
- Ability to independently lead and execute projects
- Curious, hungry, proactive, results-oriented, data-driven, and thrives in fast-paced, team-oriented environments
BELONG TO A BETTER COMPANY:
- Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- Competitive salary (DOE) + equity
- 401k plan
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Subsidized ClassPass Membership with access to fitness classes and wellness and beauty experiences
- Stocked kitchen in our Thrive Market Home Office with Thrive Market products
- Dog-Friendly Office
- Yoga, meditation and other weekly events for mindfulness
- Coverage for Life Coaching & Therapy Sessions on our holistic mental health and well-being platform
- Free Thrive Market membership and discount on private label products
- Casual atmosphere and great people to work with
We're a community of more than 1 Million + members who are united by a singular belief: It should be easy to find better products, support better brands, make better choices, and build a better world in the process.
Feeling intimidated or hesitant about applying because you don’t meet every requirement? Studies prove that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs if they do not meet every single qualification. At Thrive Market, we believe in building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic culture. If you are excited about this role along with our mission and values, we sincerely encourage you to apply anyways! As the great Los Angeles King Wayne Gretzky said, “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” Take the shot!
Thrive Market is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer
At Thrive Market, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workplace that is representative, at all job levels, of the members we serve and the communities we operate in. We’re proud to be an inclusive company and an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. If you’re thinking about joining our team, we expect that you would agree!
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to assist you.
Ensure your Thrive Market job offer is legitimate and don't fall victim to fraud. Thrive Market never seeks payment from job applicants. Thrive Market recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @thrivemarket.com email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.thrivemarket.com.
© Thrive Market 2023 All rights reserved.
- Compensation Description - The base salary range for this position is $130,000 - $160,000/Per Year.
- Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and geographic location.
- Total Compensation includes Base Salary, Stock Options, Health & Wellness Benefits, Flexible PTO, and more!