Director, Demand Planning
Remote · Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
ABOUT THRIVE MARKET
Thrive Market was founded in 2014 with a mission to make healthy and sustainable living easy and affordable for everyone. As an online, membership-based market, we deliver the highest quality healthy and sustainable products at member-only prices, while matching every paid membership with a free one for someone in need. Every day, we leverage innovative technology and member-first thinking to help our over 1,000,000+ members find better products, support better brands, and build a better world in the process. We recently reached a significant milestone by becoming a Certified B Corporation, making us the largest grocer to earn this coveted qualification.
The Director of Demand Planning will play a pivotal role in overseeing the demand planning and Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) processes. This individual will lead a team responsible for topline and SKU-level forecasting in order to ensure product availability for our members. The ideal candidate will bring strategic vision, analytical expertise, and leadership skills to enhance Thrive Market’s operational efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Demand Forecasting: Develop and refine demand forecasting models leveraging historical data, market trends, and other relevant factors to accurately predict future product demand.
- Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP): Lead the S&OP process by collaborating with sales, marketing, finance, and operations teams to align demand forecasts with production plans, inventory strategies, and sales objectives.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate demand forecasts into the S&OP process, ensuring alignment across departments and effective communication of demand-related insights.
- Process Improvement: Continuously improve demand planning and S&OP processes, systems, and methodologies to enhance accuracy, efficiency, and scalability.
- Team Leadership: Mentor, manage, and develop a high-performing team of demand planning professionals, fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and excellence.
- Performance Analysis: Monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) related to demand planning and S&OP, conduct root cause analysis for variances, and provide actionable insights for improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Economics, or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in demand planning, forecasting, or supply chain management within the retail or e-commerce industry.
- Proficiency in demand planning software and advanced knowledge of statistical analysis tools.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex data sets and translate insights into actionable strategies.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and stakeholder management skills.
- Proven track record of leading teams and driving process improvements in a fast-paced environment.
BELONG TO BETTER COMPANY
- Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- Competitive salary (DOE) + equity
- 401k plan
- 9 Observed Holidays
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Subsidized ClassPass Membership with access to fitness classes and wellness and beauty experiences
- Ability to work in our beautiful co-working space at WeWork in Playa Vista and other locations
- Free Thrive Market membership with exclusive employee discount
- Coverage for Life Coaching & Therapy Sessions on our holistic mental health and well-being platform
We're a community of more than 1 Million + members who are united by a singular belief: It should be easy to find better products, support better brands, make better choices, and build a better world in the process.
At Thrive Market, we believe in building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic culture. If you are excited about this role along with our mission and values, we encourage you to apply.
Thrive Market is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer
At Thrive Market, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workplace that is representative, at all job levels, of the members we serve and the communities we operate in. We’re proud to be an inclusive company and an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. If you’re thinking about joining our team, we expect that you would agree!
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to assist you.
Ensure your Thrive Market job offer is legitimate and don't fall victim to fraud. Thrive Market never seeks payment from job applicants. Thrive Market recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @thrivemarket.com email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.thrivemarket.com.
© Thrive Market 2024 All rights reserved.
- Compensation Description - The base salary range for this position is $140,000-170,000/Per Year.
- Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and geographic location.
- Total Compensation includes Base Salary, Stock Options, Health and Wellness Benefits, Flexible PTO, and more!