Technical Support Engineer 3- Voice (Japanese)
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Technical Support Engineer 3 -Voice
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
We’re looking for someone who is excited by solving tough problems and enjoys helping others work through complex technical issues. You’re a strong communicator to both technical and non-technical audiences via phone or email and you’re able to empathize with frustrated customers from all backgrounds. You enjoy collaborating with colleagues on your team, help them with the day to day challenges, and are able to contribute ideas on how to improve the team’s work.
You should have a firm understanding of the technology stacks common to the Web ecosystem and experience in a telecom environment. You’ve got strong time management skills, and are efficient at getting work done in a dynamic work environment while still following standard processes and procedures.
Twilio operates a 24x7 support model so the ability to work weekends and holidays (as needed) may be required.
As a Technical Support Engineer on our Voice Team, you will:
- Be the voice of Twilio and help customers with issues related to their calls, voice applications, and SIP trunks, as well as carrier and VOIP connections. Surface customer feedback to our Product Management and Engineering teams to identify and drive improvements in our voice products.
- Examine PCAPs, HTTP requests/responses, and application code.
- Explore historical and real-time data to aid in diagnosing issues.
- Help us understand customer trends, documenting and reporting what you observe in order to improve our support process.
- Interact, collaborate and network with other departments in Twilio in your search for solutions that our customers need.
- Play a pivotal role in urgent customer communications as a frontline member of our on-call team.
- Work cross functionally with Engineering, Product Management and Sales. Sometimes you will work with similar cross-functional teams from partner organizations.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 2+ years experience in a client-facing technical role.
- A demonstrated history of customer focus and empathy, including the ability to diplomatically address customer concerns and provide feedback.
- Experience troubleshooting applications including the ability to experiment with software and telecommunications systems, reproduce customer reported behaviors and communicate these to engineers and vendors.
- The time management skills to handle a large volume of tickets while maintaining high Customer Satisfaction and meeting SLA targets. Able to work standard APAC working hours and a shift schedule that includes a weekend day.
- Familiarity with SIP and IP Telephony protocols and the use of packet capture tools (e.g. Wireshark) to identify irregularities.
- Experience working collaboratively with team members in different geographic locations and time zones.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (5+ years industry experience in a similar role).
- Native or business-level proficiency in Japanese is required for this role.
This position would be located in our Tokyo Office in Japan
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic . Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Something looks off?