Human Resources Business Partner
See yourself at Twilio.
Join the team as our next Human Resources Business Partner
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio is seeking an HR Business Partner to support our Communications function in APJ. In this role, you will align business objectives with people strategies, programs, processes and tactics across the applicable functions and geographies, including being integral to local support of the India site. You will coach and partner with managers, ensuring an exceptional experience through the entire employee lifecycle. You will be partnering closely with regional and functional HRBPs and with COEs ( Centres of Excellence) across the People team.
About the job
We seek a HRBP who lives the Twilio Magic and brings a skillset of strong customer service, detail orientation, communication skills, and a broad understanding of HR processes and systems
- Working knowledge of multiple Human Resource disciplines including employee relations, performance management, talent development, compensation, diversity and inclusion, and employment laws (global and APJ employment law knowledge is a plus)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and coaching skills with a proven ability to develop trusting relationships and influence at all levels within the organization to achieve business results
- A hunger for learning and problem solving with a mindset that opportunities to do so are greater in a complex, ambiguous, fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Ability to operate independently, but a preference to succeed collectively with intelligent people who challenge you to do your best work
- 5+ years as an HRBP in a high-growth environment, preferably in SaaS or related software industry
- BA/BS in business administration, psychology or other related discipline
In this role, you will:
As an HRBP, you will live the Twilio Magic:
- BE AN OWNER: Work closely with your business leaders to understand (and eventually contribute to) each team’s current state and desired future state, gaps and priorities needed to achieve business goals
- BE INCLUSIVE: Build effective working relationships with Centres of Excellence teams and HRBP teams globally, leveraging their support to execute on HR strategy and operations to build cohesive people programs to staff, onboard, develop, motivate, and retain Twilions
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES : Serve as a change agent, informed by trending and anticipated people analytics, intimate expertise about your internal customers’ needs and external market intelligence.
- DON’T SETTLE: Be a champion of Twilio’s culture, values and employee experience by identifying and executing on people programs that empower Twilions to innovate, scale, and grow
- DRAW THE OWL: Provide thought leadership and coaching at all levels regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution. This will include the following areas: talent strategy, organizational design, workforce planning, career development, performance acceleration, employee engagement and experience, employee relations, compensation and rewards, talent development, recognition, and other people related topics
This position will be located in our Bengaluru office (remote work). Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
This is the time to join Twilio as an HRBP. Our leaders understand the value of HRBPs, giving you a reserved seat at the table with the ability to make an immediate impact. This role would provide an opportunity to help shape practices and norms and influence policies, workflows, initiatives and priorities org-wide. There is no shortage of opportunity to make an impact whether you’re motivated by building from scratch and/or iterating to scale.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST
This role will be located in our Bengaluru, India office. No travel is anticipated.
What we offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including things like competitive pay, generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Something looks off?