Staff Product Manager - Product Platform
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Product Manager in the Product Platform team in Spain.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to drive strategy and execution of Edge products for Twilio globally. Product Platform is part of the broader Twilio Technology Platform organization responsible for providing a platform used by Twilio product engineering teams to build global-scale communications services.You will build products and features our customers will love and play a key role in driving adoption. You will work with cross-functional teams from the product's conception all the way through to its launch. You will be working on API design, user experience, planning and prioritizing sprints, defining the product roadmap and specing out new features and product enhancements.
In this role, you’ll:
- Create and contribute to the roadmap for your product area.
- Communicate both the business and technical rationale behind your product decisions.
- Define and report product metrics - being data driven is key.
- Mock up concepts, write functional specs, cut tickets, write copy and do whatever it takes to express your ideas to our internal engineers, designers and other product managers. Work with your engineering team and provide consistent product support to ship products.
- Engage with our developer community to understand how we can improve our products to increase functionality and unlock new uses. A significant portion of our customers are developers, and we are passionate about building products for them.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5+ years of experience envisioning and building resilient, high-throughput services and products.
- Ability to work with engineering, architecture, design, product marketing, GTM sales and customer support to help launch new products and support existing ones.
- Be able to contribute to the management of your products from both a technical and business perspective. The success of our products is in your hands.
- The ability to ship quality products in a fast-paced environment. We expect you to be able to work and communicate across the organization at all levels. It is particularly important that you have experience working directly with engineers and engineering management.
- Strong technical background.
- Is hands on, passionate, and collaborative.
- Has strong analytical and problem solving skills, and is data driven.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Experience writing code - for fun, college, or work - is a plus. We are looking for someone with a technical bent to communicate with our internal engineers and engineering management, as well as our engineering-focused customers.
- Experience with building large-scale, enterprise-grade APIs for PaaS and SaaS products is preferred.
- ME, MTech or MBA degree preferred.
This role will be based in Spain (remote).
Approximately 5% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Something looks off?