Senior Manager, Pricing and Monetization
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Pricing Strategy and Monetization Senior Manager.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Pricing and Monetization Senior Manager to be a key leader in the development and implementation of the pricing and packaging strategy for Twilio’s Software suite of products. Reporting to the Sr Director of Pricing and Monetization, this position is critical in supporting Software GMs and Sales leaders to transform Segment’s product strategy and deliver customer-friendly, innovative pricing solutions to market. Pricing and packaging is an integral lever to accelerate Segment’s revenue growth. It touched nearly every part of our business and is a critical part of our customer experience.
In this role, you’ll:
- Analyze competitive marketplace and define, launch and drive pricing strategy & monetization initiatives.
- Identify and qualify new packaging, segmentation, and bundling opportunities to simplify sales motion and increase product penetration
- Assist in all aspects of pricing strategy and operations, develop insights and recommendations through customer segmentation, price discovery, testing, experimentation and ROI analysis.
- Interact and collaborate extensively across all functional teams within Twilio to design and operationalize new pricing, and have significant exposure to our executive leadership.
- Know and understand customer purchasing perceptions and behaviors, monitor key customer metrics and market intelligence to derive insights and identify opportunities for evolving pricing.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5+ years of quantitative pricing experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (Finance/Economics/Statistics).
- Demonstrated project experience in delivering successful end-to-end pricing initiatives.
- Strong analytical skills - expert in statistical analysis & financial modeling.
- Proven experience in enterprise software- or infrastructure-as-a-service products and businesses.
- Strong leader with proven ability to motivate, mentor and lead teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to persuade, communicate vision and motivate people at every level, cooperative working style.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
This role will be remote, and based in the United States.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado, California, New York, and Washington. The information below is provided for candidates hired in those locations only.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
- Based in Colorado: $132,320 - $165,400
- Based in New York, Washington State or California (outside the San Francisco Bay Area): $140.080 - $175,100
- Based in the San Francisco Bay area, California: $155,600 - $194,500
- This role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan and the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Something looks off?