Platform Developer L4
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as a Platform Developer 4 at Twilio.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to help build the web application powering Twilio’s most critical developer experiences, including API documentation and technical tutorials. Serving alongside developer evangelists, developer educators, and other technical content creators, you will build a web app used by millions of developers every year. You will innovate in the presentation, performance, and user experience of developer documentation. You will pair technical expertise with great stakeholder management, and can help guide a technical roadmap. You will help guide and mentor other developers and contractors to deliver the solutions required by our content authors.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, fellow developers, and internal stakeholders to execute on a roadmap that delivers great developer experiences
- Create world-class tooling for technical content creators, so they can spend more time writing and collaborating, and less time wrestling their content to work well on the website
- Drive operational excellence for the publishing platform application, maintaining robust uptime and enabling continuous delivery
- Work with content and SEO experts to ensure that our website is built for performance and usability from search
- Engage with end users and the broader developer community to learn how our documentation, tutorials, and technical content can best serve them
- Propose and implement new ideas to advance the state of the art in developer documentation and web-based developer tools
- Aggregate and prioritize feedback from internal customers, to ensure our publishing platform is meeting their needs
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Significant experience as a technical leader on web development projects
- Experience mentoring and providing technical leadership to developer teams
- Experience interfacing with business stakeholders, and translating business requirements into software solutions
- Experience navigating and understanding a large scale software architecture, and understanding how pieces fit together in a distributed system
- Experience leveraging platform features to enable developers to focus on product work
- Experience supporting mission-critical web applications and infrastructure
- Comfortable asking questions and taking initiative to solve problems in a company where it is often necessary to “draw the owl”
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated commitment to seeking diverse viewpoints, and acting with intention to create an inclusive team environment
- Experience building products for a developer audience
- Track record of open source contribution
- Experience with technical content publishing and related technologies
- Experience with React, NextJS, Typescript, and the Jamstack model of web development
- Keen eye for design, particularly experience focused on UX
- Experience with DX tooling, for example, linting, code editor plugins, language-server protocol, automated reports on pull requests
- Experience in frontend reliability, including monitoring, alerting, and responding to incidents
- Experience in writing appropriate unit, integration, and end-to-end tests
- An interest in pair/mob programming, effective asynchronous working, and seeking a productive balance between async and sync work.
This role will be fully remote in Colombia
What we offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including things like competitive pay, generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Something looks off?