Director, Organizational Effectiveness
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as Twilio’s next Director Organizational Effectiveness
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a global company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business.
About the job
This position is needed to craft strategies, lead programs, and manage teams to drive the transformation of how we work with a mission to make it easy to work effectively at Twilio and establish us as a great place to build a career.
We are looking for an experienced Organization Effectiveness leader who can guide us as we adapt to changing needs by using data-driven methods to analyze and evaluate our effectiveness as a remote-first company. Our team brings bold new ideas from past experiences at other global organizations and turns those ideas into strategies that are grounded in what’s right for Twilio. We are also not afraid to throw out the playbook to try something new or test an innovative idea.
In this role, you’ll:
- Spearhead company-wide change and transformation initiatives to ensure the successful adoption of practices and tools designed to strengthen our culture and optimize our remote ways of working.
- Leverage internal and external data to design fit-for-purpose programs – aligned with Twilio’s strategy and business goals– to foster an innovative remote talent experience and enable Twilions to stay engaged, connected, and productive.
- Lead the development of tools and mechanisms to drive team clarity and effectiveness across Twilio, ensure that all Twilions are connected, aligned, and fully contributing as part of high performing teams.
- Cultivate strong relationships with senior leadership to gain deep understanding of our business and effectively secure program buy-in and sponsorship
- Manage and develop a team of OE program managers and ensure cohesion and alignment of programs across functional areas
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 10+ years of experience in Organizational Development or related field
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master’s Degree in Business, Organizational Development or a related field preferred
- Proven track record leading large scale, global processes and projects end-to-end with multiple stakeholders that require robust change management and communication
- Subject matter expertise and experience in designing and implementing organizational assessment and organizational interventions
- Experience partnering with Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion teams to build and ensure equity in core organizational processes and systems
- Experience partnering with talent and leadership development teams to drive organizational effectiveness/development strategies
- Strong business acumen and credibility to accurately anticipate the impact of business events on organizational and talent needs
- Proven capability to engage and influence top management decisions and negotiate with stakeholders
- Prosci certified
This role will be remote but is not eligible to be hired in San Francisco, CA, Oakland, CA, San Jose, CA, or the surrounding areas.
Approximately 10% travel is anticipated.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado, California, New York, and Washington. The information below is provided for candidates hired in those locations only.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
- Based in Colorado: $160,080.00-$200,100.00
- Based in New York, Washington State, or California (outside of the San Francisco Bay area): $169,520.00-$211,900.00
- This role may be eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan. All roles are eligible for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Something looks off?