Director, Corporate Security Technology
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Director, Corporate Security Technology
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to lead and drive all technology initiatives that support the entirety of Corporate Security teams, globally. This position, reporting to the Senior Director, Corporate Security, will design and implement standards, solve security and customer support opportunities through innovation initiatives, develop core measures for operational efficacy and business impact, and lead a global team of technology professionals.
Our team interacts with every employee to support our goal of protecting all of the people, places and things that make up Twilio. Not your standard physical security function, the Twilio Corporate Security objective to provide a safe, healthy and security environment is achieved through customer engagement and trust...want to know what this means? Come join us!
In this role, you’ll:
- Manage a team to enhance and maintain current solutions, while assessing, testing, and pushing for technology betterments to provide security at scale with a focus on end user experience.
- Cultivate strong relationships and collaboration with cross functional business partners and teams to ensure vision and objectives are exceeded.
- Champion the technology needs for Corporate Security operational teams by building out business cases and presenting initiatives. Understand their operations and business impacts thoroughly to propose and implement technology solutions that accelerate our collective goals.
- Develop, manage and iterate measures and analysis of technology utilization across Corporate Security teams to report broad business impacts.
- Coordinate and align with the Corporate Security Leadership to focus priority goals, budget, and procurement lifecycle.
- Lead and develop a team to internally develop integrations and utilization of Twilio internal product tooling to achieve objectives.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 10+ years in private sector corporate security as a people manager or 6+ years in public sector with 4+ years in private sector corporate security as a people manager, private sector experience preferably in tech.
- Experience managing technology teams to include programming developers.
- Broad knowledge of security standards for physical security technologies on a global scale.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working independently and as part of a team. Will take the initiative to drive deliverables forward even under ambiguous circumstances.
- Proficiency in Google GSuite, presentation development and metrics reporting development.
- PSP, CSPM, RCDD, ESS and/or NICET VSSD Level II.
- Autodesk AutoCAD and Revit experience.
- Genetec certified.
- Proficiency with Airtable, Veoci, Alert Media, Dataminr.
This role will be remote, and based in the USA
Approximately 25% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $160,080 - $200,100
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Something looks off?