Events Senior Marketing Manager, APJ (12 month contract)
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our APJ Events Senior Marketing Manager!
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum
About the job
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a dynamic and motivated APJ Events Senior Marketing Manager to lead the regional events and webinars in the region. Reporting to the Senior Director of APJ Demand Creation, the right candidate is a self-starter who thrives in a very fast paced environment, willing to roll up their sleeves, and regularly works outside of their comfort zone.
In this role, you’ll:
- Work alongside the Senior Director of APJ Demand Creation to set the regional event strategy and priorities.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive regional in-house event and webinar strategy that supports the company's business objectives.
- Lead the planning, execution, and post-event analysis of all APJ regional company events and webinars.
- Develop and manage event and webinar budgets, including negotiating contracts with vendors and suppliers.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including regional campaign marketing, sales, field teams, and regional events team to ensure alignment of event and webinar strategies with overall business objectives.
- Oversee the creation/localization of all event and webinar content, including agendas, presentations, and promotional materials.
- Manage all aspects of event logistics, including venue selection, catering, transportation, and equipment rentals.
- Ensure events and webinars are executed seamlessly, with attention to detail, and within budget.
- Analyze event and webinar data to assess the effectiveness of strategies and make recommendations for future improvements.
- Have a ROI approach to running events/webinars.
- Serve as a marketing business partner to the sales organization by gathering sentiments and feedback from the field to communicate back to the team.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or a related field.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in event management, with a focus on large scale regional in-house events, webinars and virtual events.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, with the ability to manage cross-functional teams.
- Excellent project management skills, with a proven track record of executing successful events and webinars.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with data analysis and reporting.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience managing budgets and negotiating contracts with vendors and suppliers.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Experience in running in-house events in APJ.
This role will be based in our Singapore office.
Approximately 40% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Something looks off?