Principal Solutions Engineer, Segment
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Principal Solutions Engineer - Segment
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Have you got a knack for explaining technical concepts? Do you want to work closely with big name companies to solve some of their toughest problems? Do you want to shape the next generation of the customer engagement industry? We’re looking for a Solutions Engineer who loves teaching people, solving problems, and wants to be a major factor in adding to the list of our biggest customers which currently include Nike, Intuit, Procter & Gamble, IBM, Adevinta, Frasers Group and many others. You’d be joining a team of talented engineers that love open-source, supporting their community, and making life easier for people. We care deeply about our users and partners, and we judge ourselves on how well we serve them.
We partner with our Account Executives by removing technical and business related obstacles in front of a sale, advocating for customer interests to relevant internal teams, and creating compelling technical content. We get excited talking to engineers, product managers, marketers, and also know how to distill technical concepts to our buyers. We’re here to make our customers’ lives easier by providing them with the right solutions for their challenges in customer data strategy and architecture.
In this role, you’ll:
- Lead technical discovery and evaluations with our prospects to uncover their goals to articulate Segment’s ability to enable their success.
- Develop subject matter expertise on the customer data and customer engagement landscape, and Segment’s role within the customer data ecosystem
- Take lead on understanding customer technical pains to design, demonstrate and present innovative solutions that unlock business-level gains.
- Act as a trusted advisor to consult with customers and prospects in order to influence their customer data strategy and architecture design.
- Build a perspective on customer and market trends by listening to prospects and advocate customer interests to influence Segment’s strategy and vision.
- Partner with Account Executives to execute pre-sales activities including opportunity qualification, demonstrations, Proof-of-Concept, RFP Design and business value engineering.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- You have a curiosity that often manifests in understanding technology "under the hood", and have a knack for understanding technical concepts.
- You have a passionate commitment to closing deals.
- You’re a customer focused problem solver. You balance devising creative solutions and doing what’s right for the customer.
- You’re a life-long learner - you enjoy digesting new information and sharing that knowledge with others.
- You are organized, driven and have the ability to switch context quickly throughout the day.
- You have professional experience in some of the following areas:
Web development, mobile development, marketing technology, business process management, data engineering, data science, business intelligence, product analytics, event-driven architecture or advertising
- You have 2+ years of success in a solutions engineering (presales) role with 6+ years of progressive professional experience in any technical role
- Native or Business Proficiency in Mandarin Chinese
- Web & marketing analytics, product analytics and BI
- Data engineering/ science, Data warehouses, Data lakes
- Marketing Clouds (Salesforce, Adobe, Oracle, SAP)
- Email marketing, Growth marketing, Adtech
- Mobile Attribution, A/B Testing, Personalization
- Industry knowledge in Ecommerce, Retail, Fintech, Gig economy & B2B SaaS
This role can will be based in Singapore.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Something looks off?