Staff Software Engineer-Campaign Observability, Twilio Engage
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Staff Software Engineer for Campaign Observability
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
The Campaign Observability team is building a net new event collection and correlation system to give our customers visibility into how their data is mutated and used at any part of our CDP pipeline. As our next Staff Software Engineer, you’ll be helping us to scale the platform to collect and store billions of events per month, and enable our partner teams to serve a variety of use cases including analytics, insights, machine learning, debuggability, and more for customers of the Twilio Engage platform.
In this role, you’ll:
- Drive design and architecture for the Campaign Observability team.
- Implement fresh query patterns to enable new use cases leveraging trace shaped data.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, fellow developers, and internal stakeholders to turn business goals into achievable technical roadmaps
- Drive operational excellence, maintaining robust uptime and enabling continuous delivery
- Mentor and direct a distributed team of skilled engineers
- Uphold Segment-Twilio’s high standards of Engineering Excellence through: thoughtful design review, foundational technology improvements, and driving adoption of best practices.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 8+ years of experience writing production-grade code in a modern programming language
- Experience as a technical leader mentoring and providing leadership to engineering teams
- Experience designing and implementing highly available, performant, and fault-tolerant distributed systems that provide durable and (eventually) consistent results
- Exposure to architectural design patterns of high-scale systems (e.g. well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms) and experience navigating and understanding large-scale software architectures
- Well-versed in concurrent programming
- Experience maintaining and operating always-on cloud services
- Experience taking challenging projects across the finish line, from gathering requirements to deploying and debugging systems in production
- Experience interfacing with stakeholders and translating customer requirements into software solutions; motivated and driven to deliver customer impact
- Demonstrated commitment to seeking diverse viewpoints and acting with intention to create an inclusive team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with Golang and public cloud solutions
- Experience with workflow orchestration technologies such as Conductor, Airflow, Cadence, Temporal
- Experience managing AWS infrastructure
- Experience with Kubernetes and terraform
- Experience with distributed databases
- Track record of open source contributions
This role will be remote, and based in the USA.
Travel is anticipated no more than quarterly for in-person events.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado, California, New York, and Washington. The information below is provided for candidates hired in those locations only.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
- Based in Colorado: $160,080- $200,100.
- Based in New York, Washington State or California (outside the San Francisco Bay Area): $169,520 - $211,900
- Based in the San Francisco Bay area, California: $188,320.- $235,400.
- This role may be eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan. All roles are eligible for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Something looks off?