See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Paralegal, Law Enforcement Response.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
In this role, you will be responsible for processing and responding to requests from law enforcement and government agencies from around the world, including subpoenas, court orders, and search warrants. You’ll be working on a team with paralegals and lawyers, and will report to the Director and Managing Counsel for Law Enforcement and National Security.
In this role, you’ll:
- Review and respond to law enforcement and other government requests for information—including subpoenas, court orders, search warrants, and emergency disclosure requests—in accordance with applicable law and Twilio’s policies and procedures;
- Work closely with our Director, primary counsel, and other paralegals to respond to non-standard government requests for information;
- Collaborate with other teams to search for and collect information across various systems and products in order to respond to government requests for information;
- Identify opportunities to streamline and improve inter- and intra-team processes and procedures;
- Assist in preparing and analyzing metrics, including for Twilio’s bi-annual transparency reports;
- Assist with high-volume data and document management, and other organizational tasks.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
Twilio’s new paralegal for law enforcement response will be a team player who lives the Twilio Magic. They must:
- Be a self-starter who works effectively on a geographically-dispersed team with minimal day-to-day supervision, including by exhibiting good judgment on when to handle issues independently and when to escalate issues to supervisors and colleagues;
- Perform well in a fast-paced, deadline-intensive environment;
- Possess excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail;
- Be proficient in the use of software, including Google Workspace products, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel;
- Be willing and able to quickly develop proficiency in unfamiliar software and systems;
- Have at least one of the following: (i) bachelor’s degree; (ii) paralegal certification; (iii) at least two years of legal education; or (iv) at least two years of relevant experience in a technology company.
- Experience working in law enforcement response at a law firm or in-house at a multinational, publicly-traded company;
- Experience responding to requests from law enforcement in jurisdictions both inside and outside the United States;
- Experience working with or for technology companies;
- A sense of humor, enthusiasm for technology, and desire to learn about Twilio’s products and services!
This role will be remote, and based anywhere in the United States
Approximately 5% (or less) travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
(Location dependent information)
Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado, California, New York, and Washington. The information below is provided for candidates hired in those locations only.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
- Based in Colorado: $82,080.00-$102,600.00
- Based in New York, Washington State or California (outside the San Francisco Bay Area): $86,880.00-$108,600.00
- Based in the San Francisco Bay area, California: $96,480.00-$120,600.00
- This role may be eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan. All roles are eligible for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Something looks off?