Director, Fraud Operations
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Director of Fraud Operations.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to lead our Fraud Operations organization.
We are looking for an experienced leader for our global Fraud Operations organization, which consists of operations managers, technical program managers, and fraud prevention investigators and analysts. This is a full time remote role with team members located throughout the US and internationally. The Director of Fraud Operations is responsible for developing and implementing fraud and abuse prevention strategies that result in high quality investigations and strike the right balance between risk and profitability objectives. The ideal candidate is comfortable in a fast paced, ever changing environment, is passionate about preventing consumer harm and enjoys switching between strategic and tactical level thinking.
In this role, you’ll:
- Lead the global Fraud Operations team which is responsible for fraud prevention on Twilio’s platform.
- Hire and develop team members across multiple teams, including analysts, investigators and team leads; help them successfully work complex investigations, identify bad actors and new fraud trends and prevent losses.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, program managers and other stakeholders throughout organization on products, tools and analytical systems used for detecting and remediating fraud issues across all channels in our network.
- Determine optimal staffing levels and find opportunities for automation and innovation. Consistently raise the bar and ensure the operations team achieves performance goals and objectives.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Operations or similar discipline or equivalent job experience.
- 5+ years of people management experience, leading global operations teams in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Basic technical skills including an understanding of APIs and data analytics.
- Experience developing performance and growing your team members’ careers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and are comfortable presenting to various levels of leaders/ stakeholders
- You are comfortable being a thought leader and advocating for user/ customer protection.
- You have experience defining, managing and implementing policies and procedures from the ground up.
- You are a natural problem solver, comfortable using data to arrive at decisions and you consistently demonstrate sound business judgment.
- You are able to build relationships and influence stakeholders across the organization. Strong project and process management skills, including establishing/managing a budget and setting/achieving goals
- You have excellent time management and organizational skills and are comfortable working under pressure.
This role will be remote, and based in the United States.
Approximately 5% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado, California, New York, and Washington. The information below is provided for candidates hired in those locations only.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
Based in Colorado: $160,080 - $200,110.
Based in New York, Washington State or California (outside the San Francisco Bay Area): $169,520 - $211,900.
Based in the San Francisco Bay area, California: $188,320 - $235,400.
This role may be eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan. All roles are eligible for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Something looks off?