Accounts Payable Specialist
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Accounts Payable Specialist
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to support Accounts Payable Global Delivery. This person will be responsible for processing invoices, Travel & Expense Processing / Audit, handling queries & Month End Closing. Ability to adhere to agreed SLA’s, analyse invoice issues and interpret problems & probable solutions is a prerequisite of this role. This position is based out of our Bangalore, India office and will report to the Accounts Payable Manager.
In this role, you’ll:
- Process invoices as per agreed Service Level Agreement
- Catalyse smooth knowledge transfer and build SOP’s
- Perform rigorous follow up for exception resolution and ensure higher first pass yield
- Review and approve Travel & Expense reports in accordance with company policy
- Ensure effective and timely response to stakeholder enquiries
- Highlight deviation and suggest process improvement
- Perform month end activities related to Accounts Payable and ensure timely completion
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Master’s degree in Finance or Commerce.
- Must have excellent communication skills and Strong excel skills
- Experience in Oracle Fusion and I-Expense and additional applications such as Floqast, Servicenow etc
- Ability to support in NAM/LATAM Timings and flexible to extend shifts during Month/Qtr close
- Strong Accounting (GL/RTR) background or Qualified (CA, CMA, CPA)
- Source to Pay knowledge
- Data Visualisation/Analytics Skills Google Studio, Power BI, Tableau, Alteryx and Automation skillset (RPA, Datamining)
- Lean/Quality skillset and/or Sox, audit knowledge
This role will be based in our Bangalore office. Approximately 1% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Something looks off?