Director HRBP, Twilio & Data Applications - Product & Engineering
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our HRBP Director, Twilio & Data Applications - Product & Engineering
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and innovators to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Director, HR Business Partner to partner with our Twilio Data & Applications (TDA) Product & Engineering Organization. In this role, you will report to the Head of HR for Twilio Data & Applications, and be a member of the TDA HR leadership team. Your primary client will be our SVP of Product & Engineering You will actively engage with your business leader(s) to align their strategic objectives with people strategies, programs, processes and tactics across the applicable functions and geographies. You will be a people manager of a small team, providing regular guidance and mentorship to develop and inspire your team. You will coach and partner primarily with leaders and people managers, using multiple resources and teams to provide our employees an exceptional experience through the entire employee lifecycle. You will be an integral part of a growing HRBP team, partnering closely with regional and functional HRBPs and with COEs across the People Team.
In this role, you’ll:
- Create the HR strategy for TDA’s Product & Engineering team, ensuring that organizational design and HR tools and processes are prepared for the dynamic business growth
- Work closely with your business leader(s) to understand each team’s current state and desired future state, gaps and priorities needed to achieve business goals.
- Provide guidance and input on org design, workforce planning, location strategy, talent development and organizational planning in alignment with Twilio’s culture and long-term strategy
- Advise on recruitment, performance improvement, promotions, talent mobility, Employee Relations, and termination discussions
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other markets, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 10-15 years as an HRBP or related subject area in a high-growth environment, with experience supporting technical client group teams
- Demonstrated track record of providing business-driven talent strategy, programs and processes through the employee lifecycle
- Experience building, partnering and implementing meaningful change across a rapid pace, global organization
- Working knowledge of multiple Human Resource subject areas including organizational design, workforce planning, employee relations, performance management, talent development, compensation, diversity and inclusion, and employment laws
- Hunger for learning and problem solving with an approach that opportunities to do so are greater in a complex, ambiguous, fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Enjoy deriving insights from data to support decision-making and clearly present/ communicate complex ideas
- Strong business acumen
This role will be remote but is not eligible to be hired in San Francisco, CA, Oakland, CA, San Jose, CA, or the surrounding areas.
Approximately 10-15% travel is anticipated.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado, California, New York, and Washington. The information below is provided for candidates hired in those locations only.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
- Based in Colorado:$ 160,080.00-$200,100.00
- Based in New York, Washington State or California (outside the San Francisco Bay Area): $169,250.00-$211,900.00
- This role may be eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan. All roles are eligible for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Something looks off?