See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Software Engineer for our Segment CDP product.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to create high-quality, modern solutions to complex engineering problems and help define the future of Customer Data Platforms. Our mission is to help businesses unlock customer insights and make better decisions faster and cheaper by creating a suite of industry-leading storage, data processing, and other mission-critical services.
In this role, you will be responsible for building a suite of storage and compute building blocks that form the foundation of a Customer Data Platform capable of processing billions of profiles.
In this role, you’ll:
- Build the next generation of platform services to store and process billions of profiles
- Build highly scalable and robust APIs to ingest and access data for internal teams and customers
- Build globally available and highly scalable distributed systems
- Collaborate with teams across the engineering organization to ensure services are multi-region capable and meet regulatory requirements
- Participate in an on-call rotation to support our business-critical infrastructure
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 3+ years of experience writing production-grade code in a modern programming language.
- Experience programming in one or more of the following: Go, Java, or similar languages
- Strong theoretical fundamentals and hands-on experience designing and implementing highly available and performant fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- Experience operating large-scale, distributed systems on top of cloud infrastructure such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Compute Platform (GCP)
- Deep understanding of architectural patterns of high-scale web applications (e.g., well-designed APIs, high-volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms).
- A systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with good communication skills, a sense of ownership, and drive
- Have hands-on experience with container orchestration frameworks (e.g., Kubernetes, EKS, ECS)
- Experience shipping services (products) following CI/CD development paradigm.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This role will be remotely based in Bangalore.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Something looks off?