VP North America Sales, Flex
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next VP of North America Sales, Flex.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This key leadership position is needed to help further accelerate the growth of Twilio’s groundbreaking global digital contact center platform, Twilio Flex. Flex is a key product of Twilio’s Customer Engagement Platform. We’re seeing great demand for Flex from enterprise customers, partners, and developers who implement Flex to deliver outstanding customer experiences while powering the next generation of customer engagement.
The VP of North America Sales will be a figurehead and thought leader for Flex. They will be responsible for achieving ambitious revenue goals for this key region, as well as growing and leading a high-performing sales organization. This leader will develop strong, trusted relationships with key customers, partners and prospects. They will stay on top of industry trends and priorities, and collaborate closely with the Flex product team to influence the roadmap to ensure Twilio delivers against both near and long-term growth objectives.
- Develop and execute our regional sales and GTM strategies to deliver significant revenue growth in the rapidly evolving contact center and customer engagement market.
- Recruit, empower and retain world-class sales, sales engineering, and partnership teams that consistently deliver against sales and revenue growth targets.
- Develop annual sales targets, as well as a disciplined monthly and quarterly sales forecasts, and present accurate and timely reporting of results to management.
- Collaborate closely with colleagues across the wider GTM organization from partners, services, sales ops, marketing, support and more.
- Play an active role in sales activities with enterprise customers and partners and help the team to identify and close Flex’s largest opportunities.
- Work closely with key customers and ensure post-sales teams drive success through ongoing delivery and support.
- Identify and drive operational efficiencies to make Flex as successful as possible.
- Engage with customers and implementation partners to ensure a clear understanding of their needs and priorities. Partner closely with the product team to influence both the near and long-term roadmap.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 10+ years’ experience driving ambitious sales and GTM results selling innovative contact center technology solutions and/or related customer engagement solutions to enterprise customers.
- Strong functional expertise in sales and sales management with a minimum of 8 years experience’ leading successful software sales and GTM teams.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, develop, retain, and inspire leaders and teams across direct sales, sales engineering, and partnerships.
- Track record driving growth with consistency, repeatability, and scalability.
- Experience developing customer-driven sales strategies that cut across all GTM functions, as well as influence and inform product development.
- Proven ability to build and grow an organization: understands the drivers of how to change a culture, assess performance, continuously innovate a sales organization, and build capability.
- Deep domain expertise in the contact center and/or customer engagement industries with the ability to speak with authority to the needs of senior executives charged with delivering superlative customer experiences.
- Experience operating in a fast-paced environment, as well as at significant scale.
- A team member who ensures that exceeding key performance indicators, pipeline goals and bookings targets is at the forefront of everything the team does.
- A colleague committed to fostering an inclusive culture and values a representative workplace that embraces diversity of thought and experience.
- Experience working in other enterprise software domains would be a plus.
- While exceptional sales leadership skills are essential, first-hand experience leading other GTM functions would also be beneficial.
This role will be remote, and based in the USA.
Approximately 25% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado, California, New York, and Washington. The information below is provided for candidates hired in those locations only.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
- Based in Colorado: $250,000 - $285,000
- Based in New York, Washington State or California: $250,000 - $285,000
- Based in the San Francisco Bay area, California: $250,000 - $285,000
- This role is eligible to earn commissions and participate in Twilio's equity plan, as well as the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Something looks off?