Senior Account Executive
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next New Business Senior Account Executive, Communications.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a global company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business.
About the job
As a New Business Senior Account Executive, you will be responsible for prospecting, solution selling and closing new business opportunities across our Messaging, Voice and Email products. In this role, you will be directly responsible for expanding our messaging business with some of the largest and fastest growing enterprises in the US and Canada, spanning industries such as travel, financial services, logistics, retail, and e-commerce. New Business Account Executives are experts in the cpaas ecosystem and Twilio’s product offerings. This role is highly cross functional, with deep integration with product management, carrier relations, finance, and solutions engineering teams.
In this role, you will :
- Be responsible for new customer acquisition, while being assigned a quota for net new estimated annual recurring revenue (eARR).
- Own highly analytical and consultative sales cycles to win business in competitive vendor sourcing cycles with Twilio’s messaging (e.g. SMS, MMS, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Google Business Messages, Account Security, etc.), voice and email solutions.
- Work with customers across assigned verticals to understand their business and technical requirements, and match them to the capabilities of Twilio’s communications API platform, designing a solution for their specific use cases.
- Work with teams in Finance, Legal, Pricing, and Operations to design mutually beneficial contracts to address customer requirements, while balancing the needs of our business.
- Be passionate about what you do, think outside the box, and use world-class interpersonal and communication skills to present complex contractual, technical, and financial details to prospects in a way that builds confidence and comfort in the proposed solution.
- Balance competing priorities and manage multiple projects and deals at the same time.
- Partner cross functionally with sales, services, product, and finance to develop long range territory strategies and sales plans.
- Act as the voice of the customer to Twilio’s product and carrier relations teams.
- Be an active expert in the cpaas space - staying abreast of key industry initiatives and new capabilities - on behalf of your customers and the wider Twilio go-to-market organization.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
Demonstrated track record of selling and closing in the cloud communications platform market. Specific requirements:
- 7+ years of combined experience in major account or strategic sales, managing or leading quantitative, highly analytical products or solutions for their customers.
- 5+ years of experience in full cycle sales directly selling technical SaaS or CPaaS
- Experience outbound prospecting into install base, greenfield prospecting into new accounts, and executing strong QBR strategy for territory penetration
- Technical solutions selling experience working with real customers, listening to them, and solving problems
- Comfortable working with business and highly technical leaders, while influencing their understanding and building supportive partnerships
- Analytical account development strategy based on using data to find opportunities and prove value
- Demonstrated track record of managing business forecasts and financial models
- Entrepreneurial mindset with appetite to define process and build programs
- Record of delivering market driven results, especially to scale and enterprise customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of experience
This role will be remote.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado, California, New York, and Washington. The information below is provided for candidates hired in those locations only.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
- Based in Colorado: $120,600 - $150,750.
- Based in New York, Washington State, or the San Francisco Bay area, California: $134,000 - $167,500.
- This role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan and the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
- This role is eligible to earn commissions.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Something looks off?