See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Solutions Engineer for Segment EMEA.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio & Segment powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences. Segment was acquired by Twilio in November 2020 for $3.2bn and has maintained its place as the #1 CDP in the market ever since.
We are at an exciting stage of our journey in building the future of Customer Engagement with Segment at its heart, powering real time data collection at a huge scale and activating this through hundreds of tools. We are adding new functionality every quarter to better address the needs of our customers (rETL, AI etc) as this market develops into a $6bn TAM by the end of 2028.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Have you got a curiosity about explaining technical concepts? Do you want to work closely with big name companies to address some of their toughest problems? Do you want to craft the next generation of the customer data platform and customer engagement industry?
We’re looking for a Solutions Engineer who loves teaching people, solving problems, and wants to be a major factor in adding to the list of our biggest customers which currently include Nike, Intuit, Procter & Gamble, IBM, Adevinta, Frasers Group and many others. You’d be joining a team of hard-working SE’s based in London, Ireland & Germany that love working together, sharing knowledge, winning and caring deeply about our users, partners and the world we live in.
You will be partnering with our Growth & Mid-Market Account Executives across the UK&I by removing technical and business related obstacles in front of a sale, advocating for customer interests to relevant internal teams, and creating compelling technical content. We get excited talking to engineers, product managers, marketers, and also know how to distill technical concepts to our buyers. We’re here to make our customers’ lives easier by providing them with the right solutions for their challenges in customer data strategy and architecture.
In this role, you’ll:
- Lead technical discovery and evaluations with our prospects to uncover their goals to articulate Segment’s ability to enable their success.
- Develop domain expertise on the customer data and customer engagement landscape, and Segment’s role within the customer data ecosystem
- Take lead on understanding customer technical pains to design, demonstrate and present innovative solutions that unlock business-level gains.
- Act as a trusted advisor to coordinate with customers and prospects in order to influence their customer data strategy and architecture design.
- Build a perspective on customer and market trends by listening to prospects and advocate customer interests to influence Segment’s strategy and vision.
- Partner with Account Executives to complete pre-sales activities including opportunity qualification, demonstrations, Proof-of-Concept, and business value engineering.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- You have at least 1 years of experience in a Solutions Engineering (presales) role and 2 years of working experience in an IT company (Web/Mobile/Data/Cloud).
- You have a curiosity that often manifests in understanding technology "under the hood", and have a curiosity about understanding technical concepts.
- You have a passionate desire to closing deals and becoming the best version of yourself.
- You enjoy building relationships with your AE’s and wider eco-system and leverage your emotional intelligence to “read the room”.
- You’re a customer focused problem solver. You balance devising creative solutions and doing what’s right for the customer.
- You’re a life-long learner and embrace a growth mindset - you enjoy asking & receiving feedback, digesting new information and sharing that knowledge with others.
- You are organized, driven and have the ability to switch context quickly throughout the day.
- You’re not afraid to slow down a deal to speed up by highlighting risks and asking for help.
- Web & marketing analytics, product analytics and BI
- Data engineering/ science, Data warehouses, Data lakes
- Marketing Clouds (Salesforce, Adobe, Oracle, SAP)
- Email marketing, Growth marketing, Adtech
- Mobile Attribution, A/B Testing, Personalization
- Industry knowledge in Ecommerce, Retail, Fintech, Gig economy & B2B SaaS
- Understanding and success following a value based sales methodology - e.g. Command of the Message and MEDDPICC
This role will be Remote based from the UK - in keeping with Twilio’s remote first culture with regular team socials, quarterly business reviews and offsites throughout the year.
You will be expected to travel up to 30% of your time meeting our customers in person and attending partner and marketing events.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Something looks off?