Head of Flex Technical Success
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Twilio Head of Flex Technical Success
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is seeking an experienced, driven and detail-oriented leader to found our grow our Flex Technical Success Managers team. This team will provide post-sales, consultative expertise to Flex customers. You will be responsible for building and managing a global team of Flex Technical Success Managers, each responsible for a portfolio of accounts, maintaining a single-minded focus on ensuring customers are extracting the most value out of their Flex and Twilio investments. You’ll ensure our strategic customers are using Flex and Twilio pull-through products to their fullest capability. You will establish and evolve processes, methodologies, and tools as you lead this team to ensure our customers are successful.
Our Flex Technical Success Managers partner with some of the most iconic businesses: from rising startups building differentiated customer experiences from scratch, to large enterprises going through significant transformation as they enable new customer engagement journeys.
Your team will be primarily driving two metrics: how quickly new Flex customers begin realizing value from Flex, and overall retention and expansion of Flex usage in your customer portfolio.
In this role, you will:
- Attract, hire, onboard and develop a new team of Flex Technical Success Managers
- Develop strategic programs to increase adoption of all functionality and to ensure long-term customer success.
- Establish processes, engagement methodology, success model and tool requirements that will be used to execute programs.
- Measure the impact of your team.
- Optimize the customer experience and lifetime value through higher product adoption success plans, customer satisfaction, and overall health scores, leveraging reporting to develop data-driven insights on customer behavior.
- Limit churn by leading the team to deliver outstanding experiences that drive strong customer retention, expansion, adoption, and referenceability.
- Develop relationships with key business and technical stakeholders and become an expert on the customer implementation and life cycle journeys.
- Act as the Voice of the Customer to provide visibility into wins, challenges and/or escalations.
- Act as a technical conduit and liaison between customers, product & engineering teams and Twilio Support.
- Advocate for customer needs in order to overcome adoption blockers and collaborate across teams to maintain customer adoption and expansion momentum.
- Guide and motivate the development of whitepapers, blogs, and other high leverage customer facing guidance and best practices.
- Spearhead the development of best practices and assets based on learnings from customer engagements and that accelerate adoption and support initiatives to scale through partners.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 10+ years of professional work experience as a leader managing technical and customer facing teams of Technical Account Managers, Professional Services or Technical Consultants.
- Proven ability to provide thought leadership in evolving, growing, and enabling a success organization in a large, global company
- Strong operational discipline with an analytical, process-oriented mindset and a data-based approach to decision making and assessment
- Experience managing remote teams across multiple geographies
- Professional experience in building and delivering consultative or technical services in CCaaS, CPaaS, SaaS
- Deep understanding of large scale implementations in complex solutions environments.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level.
- Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results
- Record of experience driving projects that improve customer support/services/engagement processes and the technical support & success experience
- Comfortable presenting to C-level executives at large enterprise customers.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field; or equivalent work-related work experience
- Ability to travel where and when necessary to support our customers’ and your team’s success
Desired / Nice to Have:
- Professional experience implementing and consulting Twilio customers
- Experience leading Contact Center, IT or Digital transformations in enterprise scale environments
This role will be remote.
Minimum 25% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado, California, New York, and Washington. The information below is provided for candidates hired in those locations only.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
- Based in Colorado: $145,520- $181,900.
- Based in New York, Washington State or California (outside the San Francisco Bay Area): $154,080 - $192,600.
- Based in the San Francisco Bay area, California: $171,120 - $213,900.
- This role may be eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan. All roles are eligible for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.