Enterprise Security Engineer
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Enterprise Security Engineer
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to evolve and mature Twilio’s Enterprise Security. This team has seen some significant growth in responsibilities, and we are looking for an experienced member to help bring us to the next level. This means bringing in broad enterprise security knowledge, an ability to gain technical depth quickly and ability to communicate and collaborate effectively across multiple stakeholders at once.
In this role, you’ll:
- Consult with IT/business units to enhance security across the enterprise.
- Work to mature a growing team and improve the team’s overall processes and capabilities.
- Perform threat modeling, architectural reviews and risk assessments to influence security best
- practices across enterprise solutions.
- Develop security standards, guidelines and policies.
- Lead large projects end-to-end as a subject matter expert, bringing in industry best practices to solve complex security problems.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5+ years experience in information security space.
- Minimum 3 years experience in enterprise security/security engineering teams implementing and improving enterprise security platforms.
- Experience working with OS and endpoint security.
- Experience performing threat modeling and architectural reviews.
- Experience in collecting and analyzing logs and other telemetry data.
- Capable subject matter expert on security issues and technologies.
- Experience with design and implementation of Zero Trust architecture and solutions.
- Experience with SaaS application security including assessing risks and driving improvements.
- Experience with designing cloud based IAM solutions and an understanding of concepts like role based access control.
This role will be remote, and based in British Columbia, Canada.
Approximately <5% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.