Strategic Channel Manager - ANZ
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Strategic Channel Manager
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Reporting into the APAC Head of Channel & Alliances, this position is needed to execute the Segment channel strategy across APAC. As such you’ll recruit, train and engage partners to recommend Segment CDP to their customers as well as successfully implement Segment. To engage partners you’ll leverage your skills to craft joint demand generation strategies and drive ROI with our partner marketing team.
In this role, you’ll:
- Execute the APAC channel strategy to support the regional sales organisation across the partner ecosystem. This includes systems integrators, global systems integrators, technology platform partners and independent software vendors (ISVs).
- Conduct territory planning with partners and Segment sellers to identify opportunities
- Develop and execute a comprehensive business plans and go-to-market strategies that drive sourced and influenced revenue for both Segment and key partners
- Create and Execute demand generation plans to achieve targets
- Cultivate internal relationships across functional areas including sales, services, product development, marketing and business development.
- Couple Segment solutions, and thought leadership, with partner offerings to drive GTM motions
- Build and execute broad and deep enablement plans and strategies driving adoption of Segment products
- Participate in QBRs and create joint executive briefing materials
- Communicate and evangelise the successes of strategic partnerships to internal stakeholders across various organisations within Segment
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience in partner management, strategic partnerships or management consulting.
- Consistent track record of exceeding revenue targets & business objectives.
- Industry experience in Customer Data Platforms and/or managing complex partnerships within martech platforms (e.g. Adobe, Salesforce, SAP, Oracle, etc.) or managing complex partner engagements.
- Experience with building, developing and growing strategic partnerships and relevant programs that deliver long term revenue growth and customer/partner satisfaction.
- Highly analytical and data driven; an innovative thinker and creative problem solver who is naturally curious.
- A self-starter who can work with minimal supervision to drive results.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and working cross-functionally in a high growth business landscape.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent required.
- MBA a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong executive presence
- Ability to influence and build effective working relationships with all levels of the organisation.
- Proficiency in a local APAC language would be beneficial
- Energy and enthusiasm with a willingness to travel
This role will be remote, but is desired to be based in either Singapore or Australia (Preferably Sydney).
Approximately 35% travel is anticipated across the region and occasionally to EMEA and/or NA.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.