Software Engineer (L3) - Phone Numbers
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Software Engineer on the Phone Numbers team
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to build products for developers, builders and operators alike. You will work closely with Product and Design and be responsible for building low latency, highly scalable APIs.
Twilio is growing rapidly, and we're proud to have our Phone Numbers Product drive industry direction through breadth, depth and innovation. We're looking for a backend engineer to join us as we begin the next stage of Phone Numbers at Twilio, pushing forward the entire industry in the process
In this role, you’ll:
- Collaborate and brainstorm product ideas with product managers, design, and engineers.
- Build highly scalable and available services
- Build REST APIs used by all Twilio customers and internal systems
- Constantly improve services that power Twilio’s top products and also generate significant revenue
- Truly own the product you work on. Be responsible for SLA, on-call, incident resolution, customer feedback and participate in blameless post-mortems to make our products better.
- Demonstrate strong engagement in the team setting
- Lead the design and execution of small to medium technical projects with limited oversight.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5+ years of Java experience. Experience with at least one framework in which you can be called an expert.
- 2+ years of experience working with highly scalable large distributed systems, relational databases like MySQL, data pipeline systems, frameworks to build high-performance RESTful web services making the candidate well versed (and opinionated) on what makes a good REST API.
- Experience designing, building and supporting mission-critical user-facing systems.
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills. You work with your team towards common goals.
- A healthy ability to manage and resolve conflict - you have the ability to listen, present, and question effectively
- Knowledge of processes and engineering best practices in all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - You are confident in writing down and presenting your designs and decisions throughout the development lifecycle. You are also comfortable providing and receiving feedback in an Agile environment
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) with 3+ years of experience with software development lifecycle and processes
- Experience working with Python (3.6 +) and PHP (5.5+) is a plus
- Experience working with Dropwizard
This role will be remote, and based in Colombia.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.