Security Engineering, Threat Intelligence
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Security Engineer, Threat Intelligence/
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio’s Information Security team is looking for an Intelligence Analyst to join the Threat Intelligence team and provide high level tactical intelligence products to Twilio stakeholders. This candidate will have a proven history of producing accurate intelligence products and be able to communicate intelligence findings to stakeholders, up to and including executive leadership.
In this role, you’ll:
- Be responsible for developing intelligence products through collection, evaluation, analysis, and reporting of cyber threat information.
- Engage with stakeholders and assess and review priority intelligence requirements.
- Develop threat intelligence reporting on active groups, relevant developments, and government backed threat actors
- Analyze security events & incidents and develop attack trending reports
- Develop intelligence driving recommendations and identify threats that target Twilio users or misuses Twilio infrastructure.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5+ years of experience as a Threat Operations team member, Security Researcher, Cyber Threat Researcher, or Cyber Crime investigator
- Understanding of key intelligence analysis concepts, including the intelligence cycle
- Possesses the ability to review information to determine its significance, validate its accuracy and assess its reliability.
- Understanding of what information or assets are of value to threat actors and how organizations are breached and customer accounts compromised.
- Undergraduate degree, military training or relevant experience in cyber intelligence or computer science.
- Experience with automation
- Experience with creating honeypots and analyzing log data
- Understanding of cloud-based threats and their implications.
This role will be remote in the Dublin area.
Approximately <5% travel is anticipated.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.