Software Engineer, Edge Services
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Software Engineer in Edge Services. As part of Edge Services, you will build and operate mission critical backend services that are trusted by Twilio customers and engineers alike. We enable Twilio engineers to focus on innovation while delivering consistent experiences across our products for our customers.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to help out the Edge Services team. The team that is responsible for the ingestion of Twilio’s Web Console and API traffic, and its supporting services. As part of the Commons Platform organization, we provide building blocks for all of Twilio customers and engineers alike, with high-availability and low-latency requirements, in order to effectively enable over tens of millions of inbound HTTP requests every day. We take great pride in wearing customer’s shoes and making decisions inclusively. It is extremely important for us to build services with exceptionally high uptime, availability, and success rates.
In this role, you’ll:
- Design, implement, test rigorously and support microservices at scale in a collaborative environment. Advocate for and implement operational best practices and serve on-call for the team’s services.
- Demonstrate quickness in learning and ability to teach constantly. Take part in sprint, weekly, and quarterly planning ceremonies.
- Consistently share your ideas and request feedback. Mentor more junior engineers to grow professionally.
- Communicate complex ideas simply through verbal and written communication.
- Support and operate highly available services that serve billions of requests a weekResearch and improve the design and implementation of Twilio’s API infrastructure regularly.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 2-5 of years experience in backend software engineering with a proficiency in one programming language and exposure to a few others.
- Strong preference for someone with prior exposure to service-oriented architectures, microservices or REST APIs.
- Hands-on experience with database solutions.
- Have the technical ability to understand software development lifecycle, collaborating with other engineers in a fast-paced and diverse environment.
- Understands the pros and cons of technologies and is open to make pragmatic, practical choices.
- Experience with the Cloud, APIs, monitoring and instrumentation of distributed systems is a plus.
This role will be remote, and based from Spain.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.