Account Executive, Flex
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Twilio Flex Account Executive!
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is seeking a hardworking Account executive, with high-energy, passion and initiative for new business acquisition in our Flex team. This is a role focused on both proactive cultivation of new business as well as growing existing customer accounts for our customer engagement solution. You have mastered complex solution and consultative selling, working proactively and collaboratively with other sales teams & channel partners/system integrators within accounts to drive incremental growth. You will be responsible for creating demand, building a qualified opportunity pipeline, forecasting and closing bookings as per your assigned plan. You will be responsible for applying a thorough understanding of our products, sales methodology, processes, and prospecting techniques while helping our clients transform their business.
In this role, you’ll:
- Proactively, identify, qualify and close a sales pipeline
- Strategically prospect into CXOs, business /tech line managers and end users.
- Build strong and effective relationships, resulting in growth opportunities
- Lead Flex opportunities for your assigned territory and be responsible for maintaining and driving new revenue while maintaining the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Develop and execute successful sales in partnership with Sales Engineers, Sales Development Representatives, Professional Services and Partner teams.
- Grow pipeline in collaboration with Marketing and Demand Gen Teams as well as individual prospecting in the assigned territory/vertical.
- Drive sales campaigns in the territory/vertical to create opportunities and long term revenue growth.
- Overachieve on annual sales quota targets.
- Collaborate with Twilio colleagues to optimize share of wallet based on customer need.
- Evangelize and be a Flex spokesperson internally and externally, and display the radical transformation of the contact center solution market.
- Balance competing priorities and manage multiple projects/deals at the same time.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 7+ years of sales experience in selling cloud based enterprise solutions, Contact Center, CX, CRM or Field Service solution space.
- Ability to articulate the business value of complex enterprise technology
- Demonstrated ability to open new accounts and run a complex sales process
- A proven track record of overachievement and hitting sales targets
- Skilled in building business champions
- Proven experience communicating, negotiating, and closing with executives and stakeholders
- Strategic solution selling approach and hunter mentality
- Responsibilities will span from driving the sales process from internal leads to qualifying new prospects and managing deals to closure.
- Ability to travel where and when as necessary to support your team’s success
- Fluent in English.
- Experience working with customers going through digital transformation journeys and migrations to the cloud
- Previous Sales Methodology experience (MEDDPICC or similar)
- Previous contact center knowledge is a plus
- Fluency in a South East Asian language
- This role will be remotely based in Singapore.
- Some travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.