Business Messaging Partnerships Manager
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Business Messaging Partnership Manager
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to usher in the next wave of how companies interact with their customers. Twilio’s Customer Engagement Platform coupled with advanced messaging enables businesses to have personalised conversations and engage with their customers in-real time - at scale! The candidate will own growing and driving new use cases for the Americas. Responsibilities will span driving the sales process, nurturing emerging use cases, and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders from Product, Customer Success, to Sales.
In this role, you’ll:
- Partner with OTT channel partners to accelerate joint GTM motion and channel adoption
- Act as a conduit between OTT channel partners and Twilio teams to drive advanced messaging deployments that transition business messaging from 1-way to conversational flows within Global 2,000 and large to medium sized customers
- Synthesise multiple perspectives (Clients, Developers, Program Managers) and create clear and compelling conversational journeys aimed at solving an end user’s problem
- Grow partner referral pipeline to create opportunities for Twilio software sales
- Distill customer best practices and lessons learned from Sales, Marketing, and Product to drive the conversational commerce narrative plus Twilio’s Customer Engagement Platform
- Land logos and case studies for advanced messaging channels for both new and existing customers
- Drive leads through the entire sales cycle to deployment, employing a solution-oriented sales methodology with a focus on advanced messaging use cases.
- Cultivate internal relationships across functional areas including Sales, Services, Product, Marketing and Business Development.
- Communicate and Evangelise the successes of advanced messaging to internal stakeholders across various organisations within Twilio
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- The ideal candidate has at least 5+ years of experience selling into Enterprise, with a deep understanding of WhatsApp with a focus on chatbot design and ability to ramp quickly on enterprise SaaS products, as well as new advanced messaging product offerings
- You understand the cloud computing/communications business model and enjoy selling to a technical audience and building mutual trust
- You know how to take ownership, operate autonomously, and have a strong bias for action
- World-class interpersonal and communication skills. You have the ability to effortlessly make complex contractual, technical, and financial details sound simple
- You understand business requirements and can craft a vision for conversational experiences across multiple OTT channels
- Consistent track record of exceeding revenue targets & business objectives
- Experience with building and developing go to market programs that deliver long term revenue growth and customer/partner satisfaction
- Ability to influence and build effective working relationships with all levels of the organisation
- Innovative thinker and creative problem solver who is naturally curious
- BA/BS degree or equivalent required. MBA a plus
- Ideally, you have prior experience successfully selling in an overlay sales model
- Write conversational scripts that are creative, human-centric, helpful & crisp which turn into messages
- Ability to take conversational designs and translate ideas into flowcharts & UI wireframes
This role will be based in London or within commuting distance to London.
Approximately 20% travel is anticipated with occasional international travel and once a week travel to central London.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.