Staff Product Manager, Data Governance
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Staff Product Manager
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position will help drive the vision and implementation of Segment’s Compliance and Privacy strategy. Segment is the world’s leading Customer Data Platform. 25000+ businesses trust Segment to collect, clean and activate their data. Hence, it is critical that we continue to help our customers stay compliant with ever changing laws and regulations governing end user data privacy. This leader will collaborate closely with engineering, legal and GTM teams to build scalable solutions for some of our largest enterprise customers. Someone with a strong technical product management background and prior experience building innovative products in the compliance space will be a perfect fit for this role. Ideal for a senior level candidate looking for an IC role, able to mentor and guide other PMs.
In this role, you will:
- Own the vision and roadmap for one or more products.
- Work closely with customers, understand their unique requirements, quickly absorb their nuanced interpretation of various compliance and privacy laws and guide the team to build a strong roadmap and vision.
- Lead the solution brainstorming, implementation, and ongoing monitoring of all major new products and initiatives, in the privacy and compliance space to ensure privacy risks, concerns, requirements, and responsibilities are addressed.
- Manage cross team partnership with architects, engineering leads, Professional Services, legal and other internal stakeholders to build scalable solutions across the Data and Applications group.
- Mentor and guide PMs in the team and help uplevel product craft for the entire organization
- Track industry trends and establish a center of expertise in the product org for all things related to consent management, privacy policies, deletion of personal user data.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Prior experience building products and solutions in Privacy and Compliance: security, consent management, data deletion, data regionalization, data lifecycle management, data governance, data retention, and privacy regulations.
- Exec presence and highly comfortable presenting very complex technical solutions to a large audience
- Ability to connect the dots and clearly articulate the ‘why’ and the ‘what’ and tie them back to business goals and priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop effective relationships and partnerships with internal/external business partners at all levels of the organization
- Lead by example and models a passion for the business as well as demonstrates a proactive and solution-oriented style
- Analytical, with strong problem-solving abilities and creative resolution skills
- Track record of working on high-throughput, low-latency, and highly available distributed systems
This role is remote and based in North America. This position is not eligible to be hired in the SF Bay or surrounding areas.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado, California, New York, and Washington. The information below is provided for candidates hired in those locations only.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
- Based in Colorado: $160,072.00 - $200,090.00.
- Based in New York, Washington State or California (outside the San Francisco Bay Area): $169,000.00 - $210,000.00.
- This role may be eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan. All roles are eligible for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.