Fraud Operations Specialist (L1)
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Fraud Operations Specialist.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to help combat fraud and abuse on our communications platform.
We are looking for a curious, analytical and quick thinking individual to join our global Fraud Operations team. This is a full time role, located in Estonia. In this role, you will utilize a variety of tools to prevent, respond and mitigate instances of fraud and abuse across all of our products, protecting our customers and our platform.
In this role, you’ll:
- Investigate cases quickly and efficiently, perform analysis to understand bad actor behavior and demonstrate willingness to learn and become a subject matter expert in fraud investigations
- Protect Twilio customers and consumers through ongoing identification of bad actors, fraudulent activity and evolving tactics - taking action daily to stop bad actors/ activity while minimizing false positives
- Identify trends, root cause gaps and recommend appropriate preventative solutions to stop bad actors from being successful
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Willingness to work a non-traditional schedule; weekends, holidays and evenings may be required
- You have 1-2 years experience in fraud, abuse or compliance in ecommerce, FinTech, or telecommunications
- Experience working in a fast paced, ambiguous environment, with a strong bias for action
- Basic knowledge of SQL, Looker, Tableau or similar data extraction and data visualization tools
- Basic understanding APIs and related technologies
- 1-2 years experience working in a queue based/contact center environment
This role will be based Remote in Estonia.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.