Inventory Operations Expert (L2)
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as Twilio’s next Inventory Operations Engineer (L2).
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a global company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business.
About the job
Twilio is seeking an operations engineer to help us scale our phone number inventory operations globally. This role will join the team whose primary responsibilities include managing our worldwide phone number inventory. Your focus will be to manage daily functions that protect our supply chain of phone numbers, ensure Twilio customers have access to provision phone numbers, and ensure we’re delivering on our KPIs. The Product Operations team is a key part of Twilio’s Super Network, whose mission is to provide the infrastructure that catalogs, orchestrates, and delivers the world's connectivity.
As an Inventory Operations Engineer II, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- Be Bold:
- Ensure that our supply of phone numbers meets customer demand without incurring undue inventory carrying costs.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and customers to ensure compliance with global phone number regulations.
- Empower Others:
- Serve as a domain expert on all things related to phone numbers; ally with the Sales and Support teams to serve our customers in navigating complex questions and projects.
- Draw the Owl:
- Design and optimize new processes to ensure our customers have an excellent experience with Twilio.
- Write it Down:
- Communicates at an intermediate level through data, graphs, and visuals
- Collaborate with Twilio’s Product and Engineering teams to troubleshoot technical problems with our internal tooling and external product offerings.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- You are a tech- and process-savvy person who loves to build seamless operations that benefit our customers.
- You’re empathetic and love working with customers to solve their problems. You know how to use data (including intermediate SQL) to make metrics-driven decisions.
- You love learning new technology, and you have experience configuring and operating various systems and software tools.
- You're thorough, organized, and process-oriented to the extreme, and you’re able to prioritize and execute multiple projects simultaneously.
- You have a bachelor’s degree.
- You have 3+ years experience working on an operations team.
- English is mandatory.
This role will be remote, and based in Colombia.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.