Staff Software Engineer
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Staff Software Engineer(Fullstack)
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to create high-quality, modern solutions to complex engineering problems and help define the future of Customer Data Platforms. Our mission is to help businesses unlock customer insights and make better decisions faster and cheaper by creating a suite of industry-leading storage and compute services.
In this role, you will be responsible for designing and building UI systems for Customer Data Platform. You’ll also be responsible for mentoring, sharing knowledge, and guiding the technical decisions of the team to set us up for long-term success, both as a product and as a team.
In this role, you’ll:
- Design and build the next generation of Customer Experience to store, process billions of profiles, and power various use cases across Twilio Data and Applications
- Review code and offer improvements to practices and processes to elevate the team and broader organization.
- Build highly adaptable and effective UI platform tools across a variety of products
- Build highly scalable and available services
- Be an active member of a highly efficient Agile Scrum engineering team
- Collaborate with teams across the engineering organization to ensure services are multi-region capable and meets regulatory requirements
- Mentor other engineers on the team on technical architecture and design
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 8+ years in full-stack development with a strong emphasis on frontend technologies
- Strong fundamental knowledge of software development and best practices for RESTful service implementation
- An interest in building full-stack applications with modern tools and languages
- Familiarity with common architectural patterns, anti-patterns, and best practices, and knowing when to apply them appropriately
- Being able to break-down requirements into smaller tasks and determine effort
- Good understanding of DevOps CI/CD pipeline
- Strong oral and written communication skills: be prepared to frequently propose and discuss ideas and implementation details with your teammates, as well as involving other stakeholders in Twilio - we’re one single team, no one flies solo!
- Experience from documenting your solutions and proposals
- Experience building backend services using nodejs and GraphQL
- Experience with building and running backend services
- Bonus points for experience with databases and building UI platform tools for the applications to build on top of
- Experience with e2e testing, unit tests and integration testing for frontend and backend
- Willingness and experience to mentor young talent
This role will be based in our Bengaluru office.
This role will be remote and based in India.
Approximately 10% travel is anticipated.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.