Product Designer 2, Programmable Voice
See yourself at Twilio
Twilio is seeking a Product Designer to lead the design of customer experiences for our Programmable Voice team.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a global company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business.
About the job
Voice is one of the largest business units in Twilio, providing a high value channel that enables direct human connection through reliable connectivity anywhere in the world. We are at the forefront of innovation in the real-time communications industry powering solutions at thousands of companies such as Uber, Zendesk, Morgan Stanley, and Netflix. Twilio Programmable Voice lets customers make, manage, and route calls to a browser, an app, phone, or anywhere else they can take a call. It is a team with 2 senior designers, expanding to 4, that work with multiple scrum teams to deliver great customer experiences within Programmable Voice.
In this role, you will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to discover, define, and design lovable products for customers. The ideal candidate will be a vocal and committed advocate for our customers, taking a holistic, human-centered approach to making the content of voice calls useful and available across interactions and products.
In this role, you’ll:
- Define, design, review, test and specify interfaces, components, systems, frameworks and tools for developer and customer experiences.
- Articulate the customer problem and success metrics, and gain alignment with stakeholders on your approach to testing, learning, and iterating on a solution.
- Collaborate with our product partners to understand customer needs, design products and workflows to unlock their potential.
- Partner with Tech Leads and Product Managers to align on scope. Break down complex problems into manageable parts, and articulate the impact of each part.
- Collaborate with other Product Designers, providing constructive, and motivating feedback that helps improve their skills, and the outcome of their work. Actively participate in design critiques to ensure consistency across Twilio products. Advocate for more efficient processes and higher standards across the UX organization.
- Remain open, transparent, and inclusive while sharing work at various stages of the process, proactively inviting diverse (and potentially contrary) inputs in your design process, and remaining humble while asking for and providing useful and constructive feedback to peers of all levels.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Has a proven user-centered design workflow that comprises: research, design, prototyping, presentation, sharing and soliciting feedback, user testing, influencing key decision making, and collaborative handoffs with developers.
- Can share a portfolio with beautiful, usable, straightforward, and lovable designs that demonstrate technical product thinking and an understanding of user-centered design methodologies.
- Has a demonstrated advocacy for design and research methodologies, and is proficient in running quantitative and qualitative research, such as usability testing, analysis, interviews, and field studies.
- Holds a passion for feedback and the ability to provide useful and constructive feedback to peers of all levels.
- Has experience designing and evolving complex application software in a fast-past environment.
- Has 2+ years of industry experience and a related degree or equivalent experience in UX, Design, HCI, Information Management, Psychology, or Anthropology.
- Experience designing advanced data visualizations and/or dashboard tools is a plus.
- Experience at a SaaS software company serving B2B customers.
This role will be remote and based in Colombia
Approximately 5% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role may be eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan. All roles are eligible for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.