Staff Product Manager - Commerce Platform
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as Twilio’s next Staff Product Manager on the Commerce Platform team.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a global company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business.
About the job
This position is needed to build and grow a seamless global billing experience for all our customers. In this role, you will be responsible for the development, optimization and growth of sales and billing products for Twilio’s customers. This includes driving a best-in-class billing administrator experience to make managing and paying invoices, understanding usage trends and other billing administrative tasks a seamless, self-service experience. This requires a unique blend of customer obsession, UX opinions, and quote-to-cash experience. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including engineering, design, user research, finance, sales, and customer support, to ensure that our billing platform meets customer & business needs.
In this role, you’ll:
- Own and define the roadmap for the billing administration experience that our customers rely on to reconcile their bill, analyze spend trends, view pricing and contractual details and view/pay their invoices.
- Dive deep into our data to surface insights, conduct research, and identify new opportunities to improve the customer experience by driving more self-service billing capabilities and decreasing support tickets.
- Jointly own the process of onboarding new products to our billing system, partnering with other product managers in the organization, sales system teams, pricing strategy and operations to ensure a great billing experience end-to-end for our customers and internal users.
- Collaborate with other key stakeholder teams on high impact, highly visible strategic initiatives that drive a world class customer experience.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5+ years of experience in building and managing products for B2B and B2C businesses, in Software/SaaS/eCommerce/billing space.
- Experience in building and managing Fintech systems.
- Ability to fully own a portfolio of projects, driving planning and execution independently, with minimal supervision, in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
- Strong critical thinking skills to solve highly complex problems.
- Exceptional ability in identifying and interpreting data, recognizing trends and patterns, synthesizing to root cause problems, identifying untapped opportunities, and drive decisions.
- Ability to uplevel the conversations to get executive buy in and then translate it to detailed product specs to drive execution with engineering and data science teams. In other words, the ability to seamlessly switch from ROI conversations to UX reviews to sprint planning and API design.
- A collaborative nature that knows how to build trust, bring stakeholders along, gain alignment, escalate with transparency, drive accountability without formal authority, get things done, and deliver results.
- A desire for doing big bold things and taking pride in what you do and the work you produce.
- Prior experience with Subscriptions Management Systems (Zuora, Recurly or similar), Payment Gateways (Chase, Braintree, Stripe, Paypal, Adyen, or similar), Fraud identifications/prevention tools (Safetech, Microsoft, Kount, ZFP or similar) and other 3rd party providers for tax collection, automatic refunds, payment recovery, and user disputes.
- The ability to analyze data sets to independently pull data/analyses/synthesis to drive decisions. Additional points if you can build your own SQL queries.
- Some experience and insights in user-facing APIs and how customers utilize them.
- Understanding of high touch vs self service customer workflows.
This role will be based in Dublin or remotely in Ireland.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.