Principal Product Manager, Voice Connectivity
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Principal Product Manager, Voice Connectivity
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to execute on the International Voice Connectivity team mission to add product capabilities that allow international expansion of Enterprise, UCaaS, CaaS and SaaS customer segments.
These per country capabilities include:
- Emergency call routing
- Emergency address synchronization with regulatory databases
- Dynamic Location Dispatch for emergency calling
This position will lead product for an engineering team in India and will also need to work with an international carrier relations team, routing operations team, and legal team as well as adjacent product team.
Additionally, this position is responsible for a $1.5 million per year emergency calling product line in the US/CA.
In this role, you’ll:
- Lead Product for Voice Connectivity International team in Bengaluru, India
- Create a country prioritization framework for product capability investments
- Write technical product requirements for each country that requires emergency calling
- Write technical product requirements for each country that requires addresses to be synchronized with a regulatory database
- Technical product requirements will include: Customer facing API, Customer facing Console (front end), back-end integration requirements
- Run Looker (SQL queries) to track adoption, and success metrics, and respond to failure metrics such as addresses failing to synchronize correctly with external regulatory databases.
- Invent address normalization solutions to improve address submission success rates
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Education in a technical field such as engineering, computer science, mathematics, data science or similar.
- Experience writing (technical) requirements for a software feature or solution for an internal or external customer
- Demonstrated experience working with data sets and using tools such as writing SQL queries, sheets, or similar.
- Strong technical, analytical, and UI/UX design understanding and will roll up sleeves to get the job done
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
- Experience managing individual contributors
- Experience writing REST APIs
- Experience running Looker (SQL)
- Experience with leading integrations with 3rd party systems (connectors)
- Experience or interest in understanding Telecom
- Experience or Interest in understanding distributed systems (cloud-scale) architectures.
- Experience working in an agile/SCRUM development process with globally-distributed teams and customers.
- Experience working with direct sales, marketing, and defining pricing/packaging.
This role will be based in our Bengaluru, India office.
Approximately 5% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.